Arturia BSP/Moog Source?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Arturia BSP/Moog Source?

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 am

Hi all, I’m getting a Beat Step Pro this weekend and one of the things I want to try is to control a Moog Source. In theory is possible. Has anyone tried it? Any Tips?
mis psiquicos y yo
Moog Source
Emax rack
DX7 II FD-9-11-100
VFX-SD
Poly 800
Volcas Sampler & Keys
DotCom modular
mis psiquicios y yo

Re: Arturia BSP/Moog Source?

Postby Broadwave » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm

You shouldn't have any problems... Just remember to change the "Gate Out" of the BSP to "S-Trigger" (via the Midi Control Center software) and you'll be good to go.
Broadwave

Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MX49, Ultranova, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, and some guitars

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Broadwave wrote:You shouldn't have any problems... Just remember to change the "Gate Out" of the BSP to "S-Trigger" (via the Midi Control Center software) and you'll be good to go.

Great! I am concerned about the interface on the Source, because the conctions are in two ways: CV out/in, in the same cable, also in the S-trigger. Hope I don't fry any of the machines
mis psiquicos y yo
Moog Source
Emax rack
DX7 II FD-9-11-100
VFX-SD
Poly 800
Volcas Sampler & Keys
DotCom modular
mis psiquicios y yo

Postby Broadwave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am

Just make up two cables like the ones below for the correct CV and Trigger connections ;)

Broadwave

Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MX49, Ultranova, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, and some guitars

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you very much man! looking forward to run a setup with the BSP, hope it can fulfill my expectations.

For the sequences I mainly use an Alesis MMt-8 and a Roland MC50 or the sequencer of the VFX sd which are awesome, but those three machines are now kind of faulty, so I was thinking buying an Mc80 or something like that, but then I thought that maybe is time to modernize a little bit and change things, and the BSP can control my modular, the OP-1, Source, and of course my Midi synths, so here I am.

Thanks again, I´ll post a video with the BSP, the Source and those cables.
mis psiquicos y yo
Moog Source
Emax rack
DX7 II FD-9-11-100
VFX-SD
Poly 800
Volcas Sampler & Keys
DotCom modular
mis psiquicios y yo

Return to General Synthesizers