Behringer's Mini Moog

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
salwa

Behringer's Mini Moog

Post by salwa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 am

Analog Synthesizer with 3 VCOs, 24 dB Ladder Filter, LFO, 16-Voice Poly Chain and Eurorack Format
  • Analog synthesizer with triple VCO design
  • Reproduction of original “D Type” with matched transistors and JFETs
  • 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenyline Sulphide capacitors for frequency stability
  • Analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
  • 5 variable oscillator shapes with pulse width variation
  • Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance
  • Fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
  • Switchable low/high pass filter mode
  • 16-voice Midi Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16-voice polyphony
  • Overdrive circuit
  • Noise generator
  • Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
  • 46 controls for real-time access of all important parameters
  • External audio input for processing external sound sources
  • Low and high level outputs
  • Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
  • 3-Year Warranty Program
More info here. Also here, but be prepared for a lot of shouting.
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 5 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Behringer's Mini Moog

Post by pflosi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 am

If that's 3U, it's gonna be tiny. Could have added more patchpoints as well...

B€hringer Eurorack, who'd have thought that some years ago. Looking forward to the confusion with their Eurorack mixer line :lol:

But I guess this is not for me anyways.

salwa

Post by salwa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 am

pflosi wrote:If that's 3U, it's gonna be tiny. Could have added more patchpoints as well...
It's still a mockup, they could add a few things.
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 5 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:03 pm

My first impression was that it might be more of a little standalone unit (that can be placed in a Eurorack system as well if you wish to).

=> Behringer Boutique Mod-D 8-) .

If it really gives you an authentic Minimoog sound for $400 they'll sell it by the truckload...
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:28 pm

How many years will we have to wait for this one?

If it's even 75% of the sound of a real Moog, I'd buy one. And I was planning to never buy another synth.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:15 pm

I was under the impression that they actually built one ... a prototype? Is that not true?
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

recordbot

Post by recordbot » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm buying one, can't wait until their arp 2600 and CS80 clones,

CS80 clone for 2k

even though they might have a second to get it together, my deepmind arrived but wouldn't make any noise, boot errors, had to send it back and wait longer for a new one.

nuketifromorbit
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by nuketifromorbit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:05 pm

recordbot wrote:I'm buying one, can't wait until their arp 2600 and CS80 clones,

CS80 clone for 2k

even though they might have a second to get it together, my deepmind arrived but wouldn't make any noise, boot errors, had to send it back and wait longer for a new one.
and thats why the only piece of behringer equipment I own is a cheap usb audio adapter.
We'll always be remembered, we'll always be dismembered.

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:28 pm

I am frankly curious to play one just to see what they can pull off at that price point. But mostly I see it as an opportunity to get a good deal on a used Sub 37 when someone sells theirs to get 3 of these things to poly chain them. I've heard 4 poly-chained slim phatty's and found it underwhelming.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

abruzzi

Post by abruzzi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Is this something they actually said they are doing, or is this just Behringer baiting the competition like the Behringer Odyssey from two years ago a month before the Korg Odyssey was released, or the Behringer analog drum machine proposed the week the Arturia DrumBrute was released?

tim gueguen

Post by tim gueguen » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:58 pm

An obvious question is if the "trade dress" is close enough to get them in trouble like their Boss pedal clones did, and does Moog have the resources to sue them if such a claim is possible. As some of you may remember the original design for their Boss pedal clones was literally a direct copy of Boss's classic case and knobs, minus the pedal set screw. By the time they hit the market Behringer had redesigned them to the current form they use.
Keys: Realistic Concertmate 500, Korg K25, Korg Micro X

Guits: '86 Fender Japan '50s Reissue Strat, '80 Aria Pro II TS-300 Thor Sound

jxalex
Gear: enough

Post by jxalex » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 pm

16-voice Midi Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16-voice polyphony
But how many voices has ONE synth unit?

I am thinking that this is a too early arriving april joke.

And with Behringer ... good that they try to do these things, however these products all need to be re-maintenanced due to the movable details and capacitors choice in it, plus other design flaws.
I am still in trouble with their V-VERB units and other racks power supplys, ground loops and other design flaws needed to remove. So I suspect that those other products are similar ones -- needed to open, recap the PSUs soon again if they are impulse power supplys.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 am

It's clickbait. Every few years they pop a "question" onto social media to create a click storm and lots of chatter to increase Google rankings for their brand. "Would you like us to make a $1000 ARP Odyssey?" "Would you mind if we made a $600 Minimoog"? I am even beginning to wonder if the $1000 Juno-106 clone was a fake too. Where is it?

And why do they think that it's OK to copy other designers work? I find it deeply offensive.
Synthesizer service tech since 1982.
Synth parts and service, Sydney Australia.

ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:37 am

Steve Jones wrote: [...] I am even beginning to wonder if the $1000 Juno-106 clone was a fake too. Where is it? [...]
In fact, it never existed. It was just that, a photoshopped fake to fathom interest and to generate clicks. Eventually, it evolved into the Deep Mind, though.

Same thing with the Behringer 808 that popped up a while ago.

As for the rest, I agree with every word you say.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:31 am

it will be mineeeeee....