Help!!! I'm curious, searching dor new synth.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Help!!! I'm curious, searching dor new synth.

Postby bassplayer1980 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi all, is been a long time.. I'm searching for a synthesizer in the market which can help me best. I'm curious if there is a type of synth or midi keyboard that can save the vsts from the pc to the synth or midi keyboard to play outside but with the presets stored from the vsts from the pc. I saw an amplifier in guitar center that can download sounds presets then play in gigs outside. Curious if same with a synth in the market.. thanks.. :)
bassplayer1980

Gear: Moog lp, Ensoniq ESQ-1, E-mu command station, Mackie mixer 402 vlz3.

Re: Help!!! I'm curious, searching dor new synth.

Postby Zamise » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 pm

If you have a synth then you don't need vst, you have the real synth bro, you just get another synth if you want another synth ;) I think I might get your vibe tho man... Only ones I kind of know may be where you can swap out synth engines like that is the Akai MPC Live I think has propretary VSTis that work on the machine after you unplug it from the computer and it might do any and all VSTs but not sure tho someone else may have to confirm that however it is a blah pad controller and not a knob laden keyboard for it's UI but I'm sure you can hook up a keyboard or external controllers to it. And, maybe the Arturia Plug Outs synth which can exchange proprietray software emulations of other synths. Other than that, the world of sampling synths is the way it has been done for years, or... or get a laptop and cheapass usb controller and then nothing can stop you.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Postby bassplayer1980 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:01 am

Kind of what I need... A midi controller that could "steal" the vsts and then keep them in its internal memory to play live or outside without using a pc. I reviewed the akai.. pretty cool but it's expensive. Which other synth could do that?? Which ither options do I have?? Thanks :)
bassplayer1980

Gear: Moog lp, Ensoniq ESQ-1, E-mu command station, Mackie mixer 402 vlz3.

Postby NCChao1268 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:59 am

bassplayer1980 wrote:Kind of what I need... A midi controller that could "steal" the vsts and then keep them in its internal memory to play live or outside without using a pc. I reviewed the akai.. pretty cool but it's expensive. Which other synth could do that?? Which ither options do I have?? Thanks :)

Well the synths or controllers I've heard of that can keep plugins or software synths in their memory is the Roland SYSTEM SERIES either the 1 or 8. The 8 can have plugins such as the Juno- 106 and Jupiter 8, or SH 101, I believe? maybe even more that are released for it?

-Nathan
NCChao1268

Gear: Kurzweil K2000 fully upgraded
Roland Juno 106
Roland JX-8P
Korg DW 8000
MicroKorg
Alesis SR-16
Yamaha DX7

Postby vicd » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 am

bassplayer1980 wrote:... a type of synth or midi keyboard that can save the vsts from the pc to the synth or midi keyboard to play outside but with the presets stored from the vsts from the pc.

• Receptor from Muse Research
  • Peavey Musebox (actually, also from Muse Research)
  • V-Machine from SMProAudio
  • Miko/Neko/(else?) from OpenLabs
  • SeeLake Audiostation
  • (probably a lot of similar "dedicated-PC-based-VST-player-in-a-fancy-box" stuff)

I don't like the drums, but the drums like me!
vicd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Blofeld, Formanta (EMS01, Maestro, Mini), Fusion 8HD, JD800, Morpheus, MP7, Plugiator, TG77, TOM1501, TR626, UltraProteus, V-Synth XT
Band: ROBOPOP

Return to General Synthesizers