Moog DFAM

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Moog DFAM

Postby ian » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:47 pm

That's it- selling my Drumbrute ($400 near mint a/box + registration, if anyone wants it) and buying a DFAM. Just watched the teaser video they put out featuring 3 different artist's making sounds with it and I really like what I hear.
ian

Gear: TR707, yam Sk20, Korg MS20, yam DX Reface and Dx7, Arturia micro, Kawai 1 Ii and 3... My step up is a work in progress.
Band: Black Limo

Re: Moog DFAM

Postby Kenneth » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm

That video was awesome. I watched it three times in a row and am already trying to figure out a way to finance one of my own. Some of the coolest electronic percussion sounds I've ever heard.
Comparison is the thief of joy.
Kenneth

Gear: Nothing I own will make you jealous.
Band: KGB

Postby countrushmore » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 am

Saw the video and not impressed at all. I hope it does a lot more than they showed, should be selling for $300 new. But I don't think I would pay $100. Actually I wouldn't, not interested.
countrushmore

Postby ian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 am

Kenneth wrote:That video was awesome. I watched it three times in a row and am already trying to figure out a way to finance one of my own. Some of the coolest electronic percussion sounds I've ever heard.

Yeah! Musical ideas instantly started popping off. Already inspired by the creative possibilities of the DFAM just from that little snipet. Thinking how well it would pair with a Volca kick ( don't sleep on that thing) or a Volca sample (samples of the Moog to play along with it).
I use 5 drumachine right now for sounds by committee, each going thru different FX. I have about to sell the Brute and get a Mad5 for a bit now. The Mad5, I think, seems to have really excellent sounds. However, the Moog seems to be an artistic tool, and that's what I have been craving.
To each there own, however. Didn t mean to 8we this forum as means for advertising, wrote that excitedly. I am sure when I post it on Reverb someone will be willing to give me more than $300 for it....hahahaha... Oh, Oscar.
ian

Gear: TR707, yam Sk20, Korg MS20, yam DX Reface and Dx7, Arturia micro, Kawai 1 Ii and 3... My step up is a work in progress.
Band: Black Limo

Postby Kenneth » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 am

ian wrote:
Kenneth wrote:That video was awesome. I watched it three times in a row and am already trying to figure out a way to finance one of my own. Some of the coolest electronic percussion sounds I've ever heard.

Yeah! Musical ideas instantly started popping off. Already inspired by the creative possibilities of the DFAM just from that little snipet. Thinking how well it would pair with a Volca kick ( don't sleep on that thing) or a Volca sample (samples of the Moog to play along with it).
I use 5 drumachine right now for sounds by committee, each going thru different FX. I have about to sell the Brute and get a Mad5 for a bit now. The Mad5, I think, seems to have really excellent sounds. However, the Moog seems to be an artistic tool, and that's what I have been craving.
To each there own, however. Didn t mean to 8we this forum as means for advertising, wrote that excitedly. I am sure when I post it on Reverb someone will be willing to give me more than $300 for it....hahahaha... Oh, Oscar.

Seconded on the Volca Kick! I had one for a bit when it was new, and thought it sounded amazing! I sold it to a friend who liked it a ton, and definitely want to get another one soon. I’m all about these little affordable desktop (or lap top) boxes that are coming out. I have owned all of the Volcas except the Keys, and am now wondering why I never got that one. Currently I have the FM and the Sample. They play great with my Monologue, and between the three of them and a mixer, that’s about all I need to play a full live set. It’s wonderful. Can’t wait to see what I can do with this new Moog box.
Comparison is the thief of joy.
Kenneth

Gear: Nothing I own will make you jealous.
Band: KGB

Return to General Synthesizers