KORG Prologue

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: KORG Prologue

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm

vladimotor wrote:
Jabberwalky wrote:I'm definitely interested. It's like a modern Polysix/Dw8000. Why does everything need to be incredibly deep in modulation? Most of my favorite synths only have 1 LFO.
Agree.
But most synths let you route a LFO to multiple simultaneous targets. The Mini and Monologue can only modulate one target. That is pretty limiting.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

vladimotor
Gear: V-Synth, Kurzweil PC3le6, Akai Miniak, Korg MicroX, Godin Solidac, Breedlove AC25, Live, Samplitude pro, Zebra, Z3ta, Imposcar, Absynth 4, FM8, Pro53

Post by vladimotor » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:45 am

So far I liked what I heard in youtube demos, my main complaint is omission of aftertouch. What's going on lately with flagship models not having aftertouch(System-8, Prologue...)?

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:50 pm

From what I'm reading in the manual, the mod wheel can be assigned to oscillator 1, 2, or 1+2 pitch, & shape with a varying amount in the "Program Edit" menu.

So essentially you can mod pitch, shape and cutoff with adjustable amounts, +/-

Another area of interest in the manual is the deep editing of the digital waveforms. Page 50

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download ... /778/3798/