Is the Behringer Model D Finally Shipping?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Is the Behringer Model D Finally Shipping?

Postby AnalogKid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Can it be? Is the Behringer Model D actually shipping? There are some unboxing videos on YouTube. Are these legitimate? Or are they staged by the Behringer company to make it look like they actually have a product to sell? These clips look staged. Hmmm? Suspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3hLJYpBxO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42YyMmF0TJw
AnalogKid

Re: Is the Behringer Model D Finally Shipping?

Postby Broadwave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Yes, it's really shipping - Back orders are coming through to the UK now. I received notice of dispatch yesterday :D

EDIT: Gear4Music are sending back orders from their Swedish hub (they are now out of stock) - Delivery is early next week.
Broadwave

Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Postby AnalogKid » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Broadwave wrote:Yes, it's really shipping - Back orders are coming through to the UK now...

Let us know if/when you actually have a Model D in your hands. They aren't shipping (yet) in the USA.

The two clips (see links above in original post) were both put on YouTube in mid January 2018. Hmmm? If the units aren't shipping, how can there be two unboxing videos a month ago? Something smells here? Company staged unboxings?
AnalogKid

Postby Broadwave » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:49 pm

AnalogKid wrote:Company staged unboxings?

Many companies give freebies to bloggers specifically for this purpose, so I wouldn't be surprised - I know of a few guys in Germany that received theirs a few weeks ago, but I've now had confirmation from DHL... delivery on Monday.

Apparently Sweetwater have had their delivery pushed back, and many customers are cancelling orders. Surprisingly, Musician's Friend now have them in stock and are shipping.
Broadwave

Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Postby commodorejohn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear from Sweetwater. But hey, if other people are cancelling their orders, that just moves me up in the line :)
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Postby redchapterjubilee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Musicians Friend says they have them. I called, since often times they will list it available on the website but not actually have it. Well, they actually have them. Sweetwater, on the other hand, have no idea when they are getting theirs, only that Behringer told them "any day now". Thinking of cancelling my Sweetwater preorder and buying one from Musicians Friend.
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS
redchapterjubilee

Postby madtheory » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Model Ds have landed here (Ireland). A friend sent me a video of his to prove it :)
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Cabaret Voltaire, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, thermostat, Buck Owens Moog.
Band: Minim

Postby Broadwave » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 am

Mine arrived yesterday :D

Can I just say that there is no discernible difference between the D and a genuine MM*** - The sound and behavior is identical (within component tolerances) - I glad to say that Behringer have not "corrected" anything, the envelope overshoot is still there, as is the way the VCF opens up a touch further with quick repeated key strikes.

***My only concern is that the square waves into the mixer may be a tad too high - perhaps a bit too much uncontrollable "grumble" even with the level controls below 6 - It may well be my imagination, but Minimoog owners will know what I mean ;)

But at £299 - You'd be daft not to.

Broadwave

Postby AnalogKid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 am

Broadwave wrote:Mine arrived yesterday :D

Can I just say that there is no discernible difference between the D and a genuine MM*** - The sound and behavior is identical (within component tolerances) - I glad to say that Behringer have not "corrected" anything, the envelope overshoot is still there, as is the way the VCF opens up a touch further with quick repeated key strikes.

***My only concern is that the square waves into the mixer may be a tad too high - perhaps a bit too much uncontrollable "grumble" even with the level controls below 6 - It may well be my imagination, but Minimoog owners will know what I mean ;)

But at £299 - You'd be daft not to.

Thank you very much for your comments and the photo.

What are your impressions of the build quality? Positive? Any concerns? For $299, people are going to wonder what if any issues there may be regarding build quality.
AnalogKid

Postby Broadwave » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:34 pm

AnalogKid wrote:

What are your impressions of the build quality? Positive? Any concerns? For $299, people are going to wonder what if any issues there may be regarding build quality.

The build quality is better than I expected - It seems much more robust than the Roland SE-02, no wobbly pots, they feel great in use, and the Footage/Wave switches rotate smoothly without holding the unit down (try THAT with the SE-02!).

No concerns whatsoever.
Broadwave

Postby commodorejohn » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Just got word from Sweetwater that mine is shipping :D
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Postby redchapterjubilee » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Yup. Mine will be here tomorrow.
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS
redchapterjubilee

Postby ats » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 am

Just got mine in today , Just a little bit with it so far im impressed!!
ats

Gear: Korg DSS-1
Behringer Model D x2
Kurzweil K2000R
Roland Juno 60
Roland XV3080
Roland MKS-70
DSI Prophet Rev2
Yamaha TX802
Ensoniq VFX
Technics WSA1

Postby Broadwave » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:16 am

I'm giving mine a bit of a make-over, but I've also built the Guin Guin MME, so I'm not sure which will win pole position in the cabinet ;)

Broadwave

Postby supermel74 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Broadwave wrote:I'm giving mine a bit of a make-over, but I've also built the Guin Guin MME, so I'm not sure which will win pole position in the cabinet ;)

that looks great. Nice work.
supermel74

Next

Return to General Synthesizers