Dave Smith Sequential Prophet X

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Dave Smith Sequential Prophet X

Postby HalloweenJack » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Just published on Youtube:

Watch on youtube.com
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Gear: Roland V Synth with VC1 card, Yamaha FS1R, Roland JX3P, DSI Mono Evolver, Korg Arp Odyssey module, Korg Sigma, Korg Monotron Duo and Delay
Band: The Electrician

Re: Dave Smith X

Postby megamanx » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:49 am

sampler?
megamanx

Gear: nord lead2, roland sh101, yamaha cs5,mono/poly, sub37,Ms20, Chroma polaris,prodigy, esq-1, jx3p
Band: Thieves & Co.

Re: Dave Smith Sequential Prophet X

Postby HalloweenJack » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 am

megamanx wrote:sampler?

Maybe...for sure there are 2 "Instruments" sections together with 2 OSCs sections, that "Instruments" look like imported samples, the "rompler" part of the synth, not sure if you fan create your own samples...

Here you can see an image of the synth:

Image of the synth on Synthtopia

Well it's a 5 octave keyboard (yeeeeaahh!!!), on the top right you can read 8DIO, this is a company which sells collections of high quality samples, so there are samples for sure on the Prophet X, but maybe you can only import new samples with an usb port and not create your own...not sure also about the OSC 1 and 2, are they DCO, VCO, Wavetables or VA oscillators? :dontknow:

Another thing that we can argue from the image is that there are 4 LFOs (on the left of the Instruments/OSCs sections), maybe only 1 analog filter (?????) with the digital ones hidden in the menu (??????), I'm saying this because it seems logical to have analog and digital filters on a synth like that...
HalloweenJack

Gear: Roland V Synth with VC1 card, Yamaha FS1R, Roland JX3P, DSI Mono Evolver, Korg Arp Odyssey module, Korg Sigma, Korg Monotron Duo and Delay

Postby Walter Ego » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Maybe it's a combination follow-up to the Prophet synth line but also the Prophet 2000/2002? That would be promising for sure. Some of that Prophet 2000 DNA would be great.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)
Walter Ego

Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Postby HalloweenJack » Tue May 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Here we are, definitely not a sampler:

Prophet X Specs

Price: 3.999$
HalloweenJack

Postby Carver » Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 am

HalloweenJack wrote:Here we are, definitely not a sampler:

Prophet X Specs

I'm gonna give it a try!
Last edited by Carver on Fri May 11, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carver

Postby Ashe37 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 am

HalloweenJack wrote:Here we are, definitely not a sampler:

Prophet X Specs

Except, it plays back samples. From SSD, is my bet. And it can import samples. Sample space is kinda dinky for four grand, tho. The other oscillators are 'digital'.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Postby Poptones » Mon May 07, 2018 11:37 pm

I had a chat with Dave Smith about the Sequential Prophet X for a special episode of "Nodes & Wires":

Watch on youtube.com
Poptones

Gear: Ableton Live 9 Suite & Push 2 | DSI Pro 2 | Korg Volca Beats | Moog MF-104M Analog Delay | Moog Minitaur | Moog Sub 37 | Sequential Prophet-6

Return to General Synthesizers