'Synthesized' at the Centre for Computing History

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

'Synthesized' at the Centre for Computing History

Postby minty » Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 am

(apologies if this is the wrong group, but I do hope this will be of interest to many of you)

Hi all, I'm organising an event called Synthesized at the Center for Computing History in the UK on June 23rd. This year the theme is the early days of the computer music system, and we've (hopefully) got everything from a Fairlight Series III and a PPG Waveterm to a Greengate DS:4 and a Yamaha CX5M for you to come and see. If anyone has any other music computers they'd like to bring - a Synclavier in your basement? - please get in touch.

The plan is that we'll be demoing the machines on Saturday and Sunday (plus the museum's own collection of mostly 90s synths), plus an informal evening event in the main hall where the can turn these classic systems up loud and get a proper demo. We'll also have presentations and interviews with owners and developers.

There's more details here - http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/ ... June-2018/ - and hopefully we'll see some of you in June!

Cheers, Tony
Read my retro synth and computer musings on Bleep*Star
minty

Re: 'Synthesized' at the Centre for Computing History

Postby desmond » Thu May 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Got my ticket! :thumbleft:
desmond

Re: 'Synthesized' at the Centre for Computing History

Postby minty » Sat May 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Great! See you in June!
Read my retro synth and computer musings on Bleep*Star
minty