Kawai SX210 questions/issues

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Kawai SX210 questions/issues

Postby HalloweenJack » Tue May 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Hello everybody! :D

I've found a Kawai SX210 for a good price, cosmetically is perfect, it looks like new, but while I was testing it I discovered that one voice is dead, I was told that it has the original battery and I'm wondering if the voice issue could be related to the battery leakage, in which case I fear that there are other "hidden" issues (I was not allowed to open the synth since I was in a shop), or maybe the dead voice is a common issue for the Kawai, and if this is the case I'm wondering if the voice chips for this machine are easy to find or are produced (like for the Juno 106)...any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Another questions: any users of this synth here willing to share his/her thoughts and opinions about tha Kawai SX210?

And obviously I am trying to convince the owner of the shop to let me open the synth to check inside, but not sure I will succeed :(
HalloweenJack

Gear: Roland V Synth with VC1 card, Yamaha FS1R, Roland JX3P, DSI Mono Evolver, Korg Arp Odyssey module, Korg Sigma, Korg Monotron Duo and Delay
Band: The Electrician

Re: Kawai SX210 questions/issues

Postby Mooger5 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi,

It´s a gamble, but if the memory presets are intact and all functions seem right, maybe there´s only minor battery damage or none at all...
Herrare umanum est.
Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby HalloweenJack » Wed May 30, 2018 8:48 am

Mooger5 wrote:Hi,

It´s a gamble, but if the memory presets are intact and all functions seem right, maybe there´s only minor battery damage or none at all...

That's what scares me, that probably is a gamble and actually I am not sure if I need another synth but I am absolutely sure that I don't need a broken/nightmare to repair synth :lol: :lol:
HalloweenJack

Gear: Roland V Synth with VC1 card, Yamaha FS1R, Roland JX3P, DSI Mono Evolver, Korg Arp Odyssey module, Korg Sigma, Korg Monotron Duo and Delay

Postby Mooger5 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Maybe all it needs is a new battery and a filter chip, but if you aren´t sure you need the synth and don´t want to take risks, you could share where you found it with those who do...
Herrare umanum est.
Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby HalloweenJack » Thu May 31, 2018 7:06 am

Since everything is working apart from voice 7 I will try to offer half of the price they are asking (360 euros I will offer 180) explaining them that it's not the kind of synth that is possibile to purchase without serious inspection when the original battery is present, too much risks, let's see what happens, maybe they let me open the synth ;)
HalloweenJack

Postby Mooger5 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 am

360 euros isn´t bad for a rare poly in "as is" condition. Not being able to look under the hood even sort of gives you a moral right to talk the price down a bit. The odds are in your favour
Herrare umanum est.
Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby neven » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:01 am

Mooger5 wrote:360 euros isn´t bad for a rare poly in "as is" condition. Not being able to look more the hood even sort of gives you a moral right to talk the price down a bit. The odds are in your favour

Totally worth it! I can tell.
neven

Return to General Synthesizers