Alternative info panel for Poly-800 mkI

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Alternative info panel for Poly-800 mkI

Postby optimus prime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Hey everyone, I haven't logged in in ages. Here's something I made - a Poly-800 mkII styled info panel for the Poly-800 mkI, with the addition of some helpful elements of the manual (regarding the slightly complicated envelopes).

Here's a somewhat color coded version:

The end result should look a bit like this:

I've always wanted a mkII, it's prettier and has that delay I really like, but I couldn't find it locally or go through all the hassle of getting one from elsewhere. And of course, the printed info is way more usefully laid out than on the mkI (IMO at least).

Here's all the raw elements (excel sheet, a PSD file and some PNG files), so you can make edits if you'd like: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ftefqqilbr4oqd

The dimensions of the design are 350 x 95 mm, which fits the Poly800 nicely, but can't fit on an A4 sheet. So if you have a home printer and would like to try this thing out, you can print the "table (A4 landscape).png" and "envinfo.png" from the above .zip linked above, cut and put them side by side.

Hope you'll find this helpful, the Poly-800 is a nice synth and can make some great sounds despite the weird oscillators and the single filter, I think this little "hack" can make working with the mkI a lot easier.

Let me know what you think :)
optimus prime

Gear: Alesis MMT8, Casio CZ-101, Korg ER-1 mkII, Korg Poly-800, Roland D-20, Roland TR-626, Yamaha DX-100, Yamaha SU-10

Return to General Synthesizers