E-Mu Proteus MPS Orchestral Plus vs Proteus Rackmount?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
antimattr

E-Mu Proteus MPS Orchestral Plus vs Proteus Rackmount?

Post by antimattr » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Are the instrument patches on the E-Mu Proteus MPS Orchestral Plus unique to the keyboard or do they appear in the rackmount units too? When I look at the patch list for the MPS Orchestral Plus I see instruments that don't appear anywhere on the lists for the rackmount units (Proteus 1/2/3/2000/FX). I know the patch numbers are different in general but searching by name they don't match up.

So are the MPS keyboard patches unique? Can I find them anywhere else like soundfonts or the rackmount units?

Thanks!

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Re: E-Mu Proteus MPS Orchestral Plus vs Proteus Rackmount?

Post by madtheory » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:07 pm

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/ own the licenses for the E-mu library. AFAIK some of the people there are ex E-mu so it might be a good idea to ask them. They can also supply soundfonts :)

antimattr

Post by antimattr » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Okay, thanks. I'll contact them. I could be completely wrong (hopefully I am confusing them with another group?) but I remember some complaints that the Proteus Packs has relatively poor quality samples from the Proteus units.

Hopefully they have the MPS Orchestral. :)

Virgule

Post by Virgule » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:04 am

You have to factor in the effects of the MPS, which would make the patches more unique than the Proteus racks. The piano samples aren't the same either. They come from the E-mu PROformance module.

I believe the Proteus FX has none of the factoy presets found in the MPS+ keyboard, but I'm not entirely certain.