ARP Explorer

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

ARP Explorer

Postby eee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:03 am

Hi guys. I'm new on here from UK and need some advice please.
I own an Explorer 2911 serial no 0339 which I bought new in about 1974/5. I have owned it and gigged/recorded with it exclusively and am now looking to sell it. I can't find any others for sale anywhere and I know they are rare. Is there a market for it and what would it be worth? I still have the original patch overlay cards but not the original box. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. Eee.
eee

Re: ARE Explorer

Postby Z » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:12 am

The best thing to do is look at SOLD listings on eBay for current pricing trends.

According to the latest SOLD items on eBay, there are 3 sold listings, but 2 of them appear to be the same item, as if the buyer from the first listing did not pay and the item was relisted. It shows a "BUY IT NOW" price of $850, but the best offer was accepted by the seller and does not disclose that amount. Since I refined the search to highest selling prices first with the original listing selling at $650, we can assume that the accepted offer on the relisted item was less than that.

There is another ARP Explorer that sold with an accepted offer with an original BUY IT NOW price of $595.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/619/i.html?_fr ... =1&_sop=16

Given the above information, $600 seems to be a fair price, but having the box and original overlays will add some value.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Postby eee » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
eee

Postby synthchaser » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:10 am

I bought the one listed at 595 OBO and have one other I've been waiting to get around to restoring. It's not working right and needs a restoration. There are really 3 values... Parts/repair like the comps you were shown. Used/100% working, and restored. I'd expect a used/working Explorer I to be around $1000, possibly more since you're in the UK and fewer units are located in Europe.
synthchaser

Postby walters » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 pm

synthchaser wrote:I bought the one listed at 595 OBO and have one other I've been waiting to get around to restoring. It's not working right and needs a restoration. There are really 3 values... Parts/repair like the comps you were shown. Used/100% working, and restored. I'd expect a used/working Explorer I to be around $1000, possibly more since you're in the UK and fewer units are located in Europe.

Totally worth it!
walters

Re: ARP Explorer

Postby eee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Thank you for your response. Very interesting. I must look at selling the little beauty then!
eee

Return to General Synthesizers