Waldorf Quantum

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Waldorf Quantum

Post by rob_lee » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Hey all,

My Quantum came 2 days ago, they sent me one to do some sound design

Been diving deep in to this and I have to say it's absolutely amazing, this thing sounds massive, I am in my element here with this thing. Ordered a couple of Boutiques to my setup too for a bit jam later.

I'll post some Quantum demos later this month when I have some patches together.

Rob

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Re: Waldorf Quantum

Post by Zamise » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Nice! And, I like name. It seems familiar to me.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

Rick N Boogie
Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty/JP08/DrumBrute/ER1
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Post by Rick N Boogie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Been drooling over the Quantum for a while now, enjoy the ride, I'll join in that magic asap.
Bassist, synth junkie

Rick N Boogie
Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty/JP08/DrumBrute/ER1
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Post by Rick N Boogie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Been drooling over the Quantum for a while now, enjoy the ride, I'll join in that magic asap.
Bassist, synth junkie

Kentronix
Gear: ABL3. Waldorf Rocket, MicroBrute, Volca Bass x 2, Volca Keys, Volca Beats, Rhythm wolf, Boss DR-550, Korg Delta, Yamaha DX-11, Roland D110, Reaper DAW

Post by Kentronix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Just finished watching a youtube demo of this, I am extremely jealous !!
I don't have the money or the space so I will have to live with my little rocket instead ....
for now...... :)
Find the date of your vintage Roland gear

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Kentronix wrote:Just finished watching a youtube demo of this, I am extremely jealous !!
I don't have the money or the space so I will have to live with my little rocket instead ....
The Quantum sound absolutely fantastic in all ways but yeah I'm having problems with space here hence this week I'll be renovating the room so as I can have my other synths set up, I mean the Quantum is huge.

I have her set up with some other synths here in the picture to have a bit play.. I bought a couple of BSP's and a Keystep and my plan was to trigger them from the Digitakt as main sequencer..

Some pics, and some pics of gear I had to move for now due to the size of Quantum..

LIGHTS ON

LIGHTS OFF

Can't forget the Budweiser mind you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Other pics, as you can see I need more desk space for other stuff now

Couple more weeks and I'll be all set up and I'll post Quantum videos and sounds.

Rob

Kentronix
Gear: ABL3. Waldorf Rocket, MicroBrute, Volca Bass x 2, Volca Keys, Volca Beats, Rhythm wolf, Boss DR-550, Korg Delta, Yamaha DX-11, Roland D110, Reaper DAW

Post by Kentronix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 pm

rob_lee wrote:
Kentronix wrote:Just finished watching a youtube demo of this, I am extremely jealous !!
I'm having problems with space here hence this week I'll be renovating the room so as I can have my other synths set up, I mean the Quantum is huge.
Nice setup !!! Positively spacious compared to mine I have to say, I am moving soon so things will change but currently I have literally just 2ft x 4ft for everything apart form the laptop which floats around on top (using foam) or my lap.

Sitting on top of rackmount units allows me to go 2 levels deep though :) If I keep going I will end up with some kind of borg synth cube !

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Nice setup you have there, I had the Rocket a while back I wish I had kept that one. Also wish the Quantum had also been available as a module it would have saved me a load of space. :lol:

Kentronix

Post by Kentronix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 pm

rob_lee wrote:Nice setup you have there, I had the Rocket a while back I wish I had kept that one. Also wish the Quantum had also been available as a module it would have saved me a load of space. :lol:
Thanks :) Yeah, you find a way to squeeze a quantum in my setup and I will sell a kidney on ebay !
The rocket is great, you never end up with anything like what you intended to do but its almost always better. Massive sound-to-size ratio.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Kentronix wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Nice setup you have there, I had the Rocket a while back I wish I had kept that one. Also wish the Quantum had also been available as a module it would have saved me a load of space. :lol:
Thanks :) Yeah, you find a way to squeeze a quantum in my setup and I will sell a kidney on ebay !
The rocket is great, you never end up with anything like what you intended to do but its almost always better. Massive sound-to-size ratio.
Well I also have to find space for a Waldorf STVC soon when I have that sent for testing and sound design, I really do need more desk space.. I'll be down IKEA this coming week.. The Quantum tho is absolutely fantastic, no issues and the FX section is tremendous and so is the on board sequencer.

Rob

AnalogKid

Post by AnalogKid » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:24 pm

You can afford a Quantum and you drink Budweiser? Are you broke now?