Bass Station 2 Firmware update

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Bass Station 2 Firmware update

Postby Jabberwalky » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:44 pm

After 4 years(?) the Bass Station 2 has a firmware update! The update is awesome. It addresses the filter tracking that so many had issues with, it give you new loopable envelopes, paraphonic mode, and easy backup/storage on the site.

I had all but given up on ever getting updates on this modern classic, but it's still got some life in it! The looping envs are by far my favorite part of it. They loop extremely fast, into sort of sub-audio range. So now you can have something like 4 diff sources effecting the filter. Especially fun was cranking the FilterFM knob, setting a looping env, with a slow attack, and adjusting the LFO2 just right to beat against the envelope and fm. Super weird s**t ensues.

https://www.gearnews.com/bass-station-i ... niversary/
Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Eps16 | An1x | Minikorg700s | Monologue | Maxikorg | Bs2 | Ultranova | Dw8k | Poly61 | Paia9700s | Circuit | PreenFM2
Band: VARIAR

Re: Bass Station 2 Firmware update

Postby meatballfulton » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:25 pm

I noticed this over at sonicstate about a month ago. Always nice to see an OS update on an older product, I'm sure it will attract some new buyers.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Return to General Synthesizers