Korg Symphony-03 power supply questions

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
hudkins

Korg Symphony-03 power supply questions

Post by hudkins » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:24 pm

So I was in the thrift store and found a Symphony-03 in a bin for $15. I grabbed it. Unfortunately it didn't come with a power supply and I don't know if it actually works. I'm trying to find a replacement but I can't find one anywhere. I'm thinking I can rig something together on the cheap. I know it's a 9v center negative connection but I can't find specs or even a usable picture so I can get the milliamp rating. Does anyone happen to know it?
Last edited by hudkins on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Korg Symphony-03 power supply questions

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm

9V 300mA. Same supply was also used for the companion P3 (piano) module.

I owned the Symphony and two add-on sample cards. "Groovy Piano" and a woodwind/brass card that had nice clarinet, oboe and flute sounds. I thought it sounded pretty darn good for 1990 when samplers were still pricey.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

hudkins

Post by hudkins » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks!

It's an interesting instrument. I've read some reviews and I'm really looking forward to hearing the choir especially. I want to get the expansion cards eventually.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Good luck finding the cards. There were 5 in all I think and the only ones I ever saw were the two I was able to buy. I've never even seen another Symphony in the flesh.

In any event, enjoy yours!
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.