Andromeda A6 as external filter

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Usabell

Andromeda A6 as external filter

Post by Usabell » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi! I've been trying to use the A6 as an external filter with the Voice 15 and 16 inputs. I've made it quite far, but still have two questions:

1. The sound is only passed through when the keys are triggered, but I'd like to have it pass through all the time, without needing to hold keys. Is there a way to put the synth into "drone" mode without putting a weight on one of the keys or something?

2. The channels 15 and 16 I assume are there for left and right input channels for a full stereo signal path. However, they are both mixed as one mono track, kinda defeating that purpose. Is there any way to get voice 15 to output on the left channel and voice 16 to output on the right channel only?

I've checked the manual already but didn't find a clear solution for these. Maybe someone who has already done this can help?

Usabell

Re: Andromeda A6 as external filter

Post by Usabell » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:18 am

After some more time with this issue I found out I can use the individual voice outputs for voice 15 and 16 with the right cable, which enables me to do it in stereo now.

So all I need to know now is if there's a setting on the synth to put it into "drone" mode so it's always on, like on the Pro-One for example.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Andromeda A6 as external filter

Post by pflosi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm not in front of my A6 right now, but I think you can do it with the "initial level" on the VCA envelope... Let us know.

Cheers :drinks: