Arturia Discontinues MiniBrute

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Arturia Discontinues MiniBrute

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Looks like the MiniBrute is gone, with the MiniBrute 2 and MicroBrute remaining. It's no longer listed on the Arturia website as a product.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Rokk

Re: Arturia Discontinues MiniBrute

Post by Rokk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Which means buy them now, because prices will go up with time :) I'll probably get a 2nd one, because I love it and right now they are dirt cheap 2nd hand.

SerErris

Post by SerErris » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 am

Hi,

why would you want a Minibrute vs. a Minibrute 2 ?

You get on the Minibrute 2 a much better Sequencer, better integration into DAWs.
Start into Modular Synth with the Semimodular setup and CV input/output ports to integrate into any growing modular setup.

From the tone side (I do not own any) they should be very much the same...

So anything I am missing, why I would want a Minibrute 1 over a Minibrute 2?

Regards
Christoph

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:46 pm

SerErris wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 am
The best thing about the Mini and MicroBrutes was their low price. The MiniBrute2 is a much harder argument at it's current price.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Rokk

Post by Rokk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:52 pm

SerErris wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 am
Hi,

You get on the Minibrute 2 a much better Sequencer, better integration into DAWs.
Start into Modular Synth with the Semimodular setup and CV input/output ports to integrate into any growing modular setup.

From the tone side (I do not own any) they should be very much the same...

So anything I am missing, why I would want a Minibrute 1 over a Minibrute 2?

Regards
Christoph
MB1 is much more straightforward which is what I like in synths without patch memory. I also like the 1 osc design, because it eliminates any oscillator tracking issues between two oscillators, which ca be an issue with cheap VCO synths. Since I have another semi-modular synth for more complex patching I am enjoying the relatively simple architecture of MB1. It is my go-to lead synth and I absolutely love its sound.