Here are disk images for Emulator 1, Fairlight and Emax

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
elsongs

Re: Here are disk images for Emulator 1, Fairlight and Emax

Post by elsongs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 am

I downloaded the Emulator II Factory Library but EMXP can't seem to recognize them -- they don't even have an extension. Am I supposed to rename the files?

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:14 pm

elsongs wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 am
I downloaded the Emulator II Factory Library but EMXP can't seem to recognize them -- they don't even have an extension. Am I supposed to rename the files?
Ya probably, I'm not exactly sure. It's been a while since I converted those ones. Maybe check the manual. Thanks for the feedback, I noticed I'd put the SF2 versions in the E1 folder, so I've fixed that now with the original images so they can be used in a real E1 as well as in EMXP.

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:30 pm

elsongs wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:16 am
If you want EMXP to recognise EII files they need to have the .EII file extension and be placed in the images folder. Simply re-name them in Windows if on PC.