Yamaha DJX Randomization a success!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
djKoSMiX

Yamaha DJX Randomization a success!

Post by djKoSMiX » Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 pm

If anyone has ever been curious of the possibility of randomizing the global settings of the Yamaha DJX. Well I have some good news! (possible) I just tested this using an ancient universal randomizer called "RPM" and had surprisingly successful results!! I have recorded my finding as well and a video is up on the Gearfacts YouTube channel demonstrating the kinds of sounds the DJX is in fact capable of producing!
If anyone is also curious 😎 The next step will be to figure out how to save the changes (only temporary memory is affected) magically turned it into an analog and synthwave pad monster sounding very close to my CS1x/ AN1x, perhaps sounds never programmed into the DJX or rather global settings entered before!
Randomization Part II added: 06.5.2019

Best Wishes,
DJ-KoSMiX (Roger)

P.S. I'm serching for this free Cakewalk StudioWare panel that was once available as:
filename: djx_studioware_v1_4.zip
YAMAHA DJX STUDIOWARE PANEL v1.4 FOR CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO (Nov-22-1999) at the following website:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010502011 ... /labworks/

If anyone has please contact me or post a link. It will become very helpful in my DJX sound design research!