Need help creating this sound (I'm Free)

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
ag75

Need help creating this sound (I'm Free)

Post by ag75 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:27 am

Can anyone tell me how to recreate the bass (43 sec) and the lead sound (55 sec).

More specifically how to get the LFO to filter through the bass sound like it does on the recording. I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of synth programming but am wanting to learn.

There seems to be a filter on the synth lead as well at 55sec. How close could I get to re-creating these sounds with the following synths:

Re-Pro 1
Re-Pro 2
Diva

and all of the Logic Synths.

Really appreciate any help.

Music Bird
Gear: Casio/Yamaha and an iPad.

Re: Need help creating this sound (I'm Free)

Post by Music Bird » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:10 pm

The bass definitely has an LFO, but I think it’s controlling the pitch of the second oscillator on the synth while it’s synced. Maybe it’s from a Prophet-5? I wouldn’t know how to do that though. The lead sounds almost FM so I’d use an FM synth or PolyMod in Repro-5, it could also be a Prophet as well. It sounds like 2 square waves an octave apart.
Korg, Casio, Alesis, and Yamaha (Minilogue, WK-7600, SK-1, CT-X3000, SR-16, MX49)
FL Studio 12, VSTs, MIDI keyboard
Non synths include string, woodwind, percussion, and toys for SFX.

ag75

Post by ag75 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Music Bird wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:10 pm
The bass definitely has an LFO, but I think it’s controlling the pitch of the second oscillator on the synth while it’s synced. Maybe it’s from a Prophet-5? I wouldn’t know how to do that though. The lead sounds almost FM so I’d use an FM synth or PolyMod in Repro-5, it could also be a Prophet as well. It sounds like 2 square waves an octave apart.
Thanks this was most helpful!

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:56 pm

The bass sounds like an electric bass ran through a phase shifter with a slow LFO rate. Just Goggle'd it and the Wiki says bassist is Nathan East, so my bet is it's not a synth.

Lead sounds like one or two oscillators with saw waves with a mostly closed filter (25-50%).
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear