midi keyboard to vst and synth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
orest3000

midi keyboard to vst and synth

Post by orest3000 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:28 pm

hello, i`m controlling my little yamaha synth with my 61 midi keyboard tru ableton live ,they both connected via usb to my pc, what i wanna do is play my synth with my midi keyboard and another vst in the same time ,anyone knows how to do that?

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: midi keyboard to vst and synth

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:43 am

Create a MIDI track in Live. Drag your VST (or Ableton device) to that track. Set the MIDI input to All Ins and All Channels.

For just listening, set the monitor to IN. For recording, set the monitor to AUTO and arm the track.

That's it.

Now when you write "play my synth with my midi keyboard and another vst in the same time " do you mean:

1: both the hardware synth and the plugin play the same notes

2: the hardware and plugin play different notes (like a split keyboard)

For #1, set the MIDI track for your hardware synth the same as the MIDI track for the plugin...input All Ins, All Channels, monitor to IN for listening, AUTO for recording (and arm track).

For #2, you need to set each track to use a different MIDI channel and your keyboard has to support that as well. What keyboard are you using?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.