Jasper 5 / 6 tier keyboard stands, any good?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
squatski

Jasper 5 / 6 tier keyboard stands, any good?

Post by squatski » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 pm

Ok I know this isn't really about synths so hopefully a mod will move it to correct place

OK, SO, Basically, was looking at these with interest, mainly because unlike other "A-frame stands",
it's more of an | \ than a / \ which is great for me because my room is so tiny, so it can go up against the wall, not fall back, and there won't be any space behind un-used... (if you know what I mean)
Does anyone have these to know they're good? like as in strong enough? I look at pictures and think, how can that tiny clasp that surely Pivots on 1 bar possibly hold something slightly big and bulky like roland D50 (Ok I know they're not that heavy and bulky but even so)

I need the 5 tiers basically.
The most annoying ever is the fact over about 5-10 years I've bought more synths and thus about 4 different keyboard stands (including a too big normal A-frame stand), I need to actually sell them before getting a new stand haha. got a damn stand collection going on! :lol:

Tidda

Re: Jasper 5 / 6 tier keyboard stands, any good?

Post by Tidda » Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi,

I have a 3 tier stand from them, the 3S-150XLS. The tiers you are referring to can have up to 15 kg.
Heaviest keyboard I had on these tiers was a Kurzweil PC3LE6 at 14 kg without any problem.
A D-50 is only 10.7 kg so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you would put force on the holders, they would break of before there is any pivoting.
That "tiny clasp" is not the weakest link in the construction.

So .... highly recommended.

Tidda

squatski

Post by squatski » Wed May 27, 2020 5:49 pm

thank you very much 8-)

Fatbenelton
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Arp 2600, ModelD, Odyssey, AK, WSA1R, EX8k, D550, Nord 2X, KR55, MP7, TX816, Tenori-On, MonoStation, Kawai K5000S, Dr110&220, Synare3, Argon8

Post by Fatbenelton » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:19 pm

You can also add strengthening bars to each tier to take the weight capacity up to 40kg.
Jonny Jones