Here is the Fairlight CMI Library for free in (most) popular sampler formats

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Here is the Fairlight CMI Library for free in (most) popular sampler formats

Post by madtheory » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:30 am

Here, for free is a properly looped mapped and tuned selection of most of the original Fairlight CMI III factory library. It is provided in the following formats:
Kontakt
EXS-24
NN-XT
Structure

The Kontakt version is compressed in its own folder to avoid problems with moving the directory. This is the only version I have tested properly. The other formats probably need a little tweaking so if anyone wants to improve those feel free to share the files and I will update this folder.

We created this using Redmatica Keymap, and I tweaked the Kontakt version after. So in many cases the loops and the tuning will be more accurate/ smoother than the original. In some cases where the voice is made up of a selection of dissimilar samples, the mapping might be a bit funky :)

My hope with this is to:

1. Help people make great music.

2. Bust some of the myths about the Fairlight. Now you can form your own opinion about these classic sounds.

3. I see a number of people trying to make money out of these sounds, selling them in Kontakt or to Fairlight owners at inflated prices. This is morally wrong.

4. There is some cork-sniffing in the Fairlight community, generating illogical arguments about having to own a Fairlight before you are entitled to use these sounds. Luckily I am friendly with some Fairlight owners who think this is silly, and my thanks to them for helping with these sounds.

5. Enjoy! Feedback/ discussion welcomed.

http://madtheory.com/site/fairlight-ser ... y-library/

Tekhed66
Gear: Roland JD990 / JD800 / XV5080 / SH-01a,
Behringer DM12, Korg Triton Rack / M1 / Radias,
Akai s5000, Yamaha An1x, Kawai K5000s,
Studiologic Sledge 2
Band: The Creepy Uncles

Re: Here is the Fairlight CMI Library for free in (most) popular sampler formats

Post by Tekhed66 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm

You're a good man Tomas ...

many thanks ;-)

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Here is the Fairlight CMI Library for free in (most) popular sampler formats

Post by madtheory » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:59 pm

Tekhed66 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm
You're a good man Tomas ...

many thanks ;-)
Oh thank you! Nice to hear after I got some grief already from the cork-sniffers :roll: You're very welcome.

D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by D-Collector » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Excellent, appreciate all your great work! 8-)

Don't care a second about those stuffy geezers. You do great service to the community that appreciates these things, it is after all much better to help each other and sharing than sitting on separate hills throwing rocks. These are what, 35 year old sounds? We should rather be keeping the spirit of these old samplers alive than to have some secret society protecting the libraries like it was some holy grail.

Thank you! =D>

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by madtheory » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Yes, those people can sit on their hills all they want :lol: And thanks for the kind words :)

SFZ format added and SF2 on the way :D