Guitar Pedals and Synths

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

in what order would you connect the pedals?

Chorus-Delay-Reverb
86%
Reverb-Delay-Chorus
No votes
Delay-Chorus-Reverb
14%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 7

JotaSotodiaz

Guitar Pedals and Synths

Post by JotaSotodiaz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Hyde
Gear: ASR10
EPS16
EPS
Mirage
S2000
ESI2000
SY35
SQ1+
K1000
K2000rs
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Re: Guitar Pedals and Synths

Post by Hyde » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 am

Delay & Reverb are essentially very close to the same thing. In guitar I always have delay before reverb. Just in case they are both lit up, the delay generally is better off there. I don't run chorus but I'd probably place it first in line. If you are running stereo chorus, well, last. & probably not run Reverb at the same time. Of course, with synths, effect is generally the point. So, experimentation might just be your best bet.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:05 pm

Reverb always last because it's function is to emulate the sound of a real acoustic environment. Chorus and delay, not so much.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

bigbear
Gear: A-100, MS20, Microkorg, SQ1, S950, DM5, SR16, SY35, BassStation2, Microfreak, Beatstep Pro, Model D, Guitars, Effects pedals, LostVolts Theremin.
Band: Drumbeg

Post by bigbear » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:32 am

I use literally dozens of guitar pedals. I have a 19 pedal board that I use as my main live rig on guitar, plus chorus, phaser, Whammy, octaver, Big Muff, analogue and digital delay, plus two different reverb pedals on synths. I've also got an envelope follower wah, fuzz and foot volume on my electric piano. As well as all of this, I have a MEL9 pedal to thicken up strings, etc., and a Ravish sitar pedal to make anything sound 'Eastern'. Using pedals to alter normal synth sounds is one of the creative bits I like best, in fact! My pedal board is connected in the folowing order: autowah, sitar pedal, compressor, whammy, MEL9, fuzz, wah, phaser, flanger, chorus, tremelo, foot volume, analogue delay, digital delay 1, digital delay 2, channel selector, Amp simulator, reverb 1, (spring), Reverb 2 (digital). The separate outputs from MEL9, Sitar, and the spring and digital reverbs all go to a mini mixer and then on to a stereo input on the main mixer. I also use a packed lunch for use while I walk around the pedal board.

squatski

Post by squatski » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:55 pm

I have over 25 years experience with audio
Delay chorus reverb is the secret combination. Why? well, I could tell you this secret but I'd have to kill you :lol:

squatski

Post by squatski » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 pm

oh I assume we're talking mono delay only? in that case Chorus-Delay-Reverb is acceptable.