Alesis Micron firmware 1.1

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Piccinesco

Alesis Micron firmware 1.1

Post by Piccinesco » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi, I have an Alesis Micron with firmware 1.02 and yesterday, after a long search and after having previously found other sites with expired links, corrupt or no longer existing pages (including that of the official Alesis site), I found on getsatisfaction. com a discussion on the latest Micron firmware, but the link that was published did not allow (so it seemed to me at first) to download the firmware Sysex file, because the file had been deleted by those who had it published, here is the link:

Then I did a test, before the page was 100% loaded, I clicked on the download icon and I found that the sysex file can be downloaded. So I decided to publish it on the getsatisfaction.com forum. However, I specified that, having read about several users who had problems with the update procedures (also for other versions of the firmware) I have not yet tried to proceed. For this I say, I am happy to be able to publish it here, but I do not know if that is an official and functional file or not (I also asked Alesis, via facebook, because the official form does not allow you to send him a question since the Micron selectable products: in theory I could select the Andromeda A6 and use this excuse to write to him, but I have read about people who cannot get in touch with them neither by phone nor by email, so I wait for them to let me know something via facebook ), if someone was willing to try the update and let everyone interested know if it works, it would be spectacular, I repeat, I have not tried it yet (previously I had found another called "ion_micron 1.06" or something like that , but by trying it the Micron returned as an answer that that update had been prepared for another instrument, therefore certainly for the Alesis Ion. Thanks and sorry for the length of the text.
Here is the link on which I reloaded that firmware:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i8ezytzhliv9 ... 8lLTa?dl=0

Piccinesco

Re: Alesis Micron firmware 1.1

Post by Piccinesco » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:01 pm

No answers?

Piccinesco

Post by Piccinesco » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:01 pm

Given the "great help" received, after having received confirmation from Alesis that the file I should have used was the one I published, but the firmware update procedure stops at 95% (now you know it). Having said that, "thank you" for not helping.

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:43 am

Piccinesco wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:01 pm
Given the "great help" received, after having received confirmation from Alesis that the file I should have used was the one I published, but the firmware update procedure stops at 95% (now you know it). Having said that, "thank you" for not helping.
Given that you have the patience and politeness of a saint (have you been canonized, or are they waiting?), I don't know why no one has responded yet. However inadequately late I am, I suppose I will still respond in case someone else finds this thread.

Go to this site which has all the versions of the Alesis Micron firmware ever released to the public. You already have v1.10 SysEx, but there is another standard MIDI file available which you can try. Also, I would suggest using something like MIDI OX and dropping your transmit speed, and/or trying a non-USB MIDI interface, as the firmware failure is almost certainly due to transmission issues and not a problem with the file itself.

http://zine.r-massive.com/alesis-micron-archive/

You're welcome, and I'm not sarcastically quoting that because I do hope you have success.

Piccinesco

Post by Piccinesco » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 am

I thank you for the answer: you got it right, I got a little impatient because even if it has actually been a short time since I posted the request (the experiences I have had over time unfortunately affect).
Unfortunately at the moment I do not have a dedicated sound card, for this I cannot carry out this procedure without a midi to usb cable (I hypothesized what you say about the use of the midi to usb cable, but not being able to confirm it, I waited for someone to answer precisely) . Midi-OX I have it but I haven't tried this software yet.