Best beginner synth w/good midi implementation

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
scotnewon96

Best beginner synth w/good midi implementation

Post by scotnewon96 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:01 am

I've been lurking here forever and want to make the jump.

Here's my deal - I'm in a Pavement-ish band, but I want to add some synth into. I really like the idea of being able to put down a line within a sequencer in the synth within that context.

I'd also like the synth to have good midi implementation so that I can use it to control something like Mainstage for more versatility (assuming that I will likely start out on a mono).

Things seem to be pointing to a Novation Bass Station 2 at the moment. I've read midi implementation on the Monologue isn't the best. Thoughts?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Best beginner synth w/good midi implementation

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:54 am

As long as a 25 key monosynth will do the trick, the BSII has the best MIDI implementation of today's lower priced monos plus it's not as limited as the Monologue. You can always had a larger (49, 61) controller-only board for Mainstage and polyphonic playing if you need it down the road.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.