anything battery-powered

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
translucencecs
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:01 am
Gear: In a transitional phase, so only:
Yamaha SY-22
Roland MC-09
Roland M-VS1
Zoom ST-224
Dubreq Stylophone
Fostex MR8
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by translucencecs » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:25 am

Further to my last reply - you could do it with THIS, if you cut off the lighter plug and connected the wires straight up to a 12V battery. The thing is, you'd need at least a car battery to run it, if you wanted to get even CLOSE to its maximum rated 150 watt output.

I'm not sure I'd bother... :roll:

badmrfrosty
No Longer Registered

Post by badmrfrosty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:18 am

I have a little inverter that I plug into the cig lighter in my van...and a tape cassette-to-1/4 inch which goes into the headphones out of ,my k-station...sounds great through van's speakers...
...also, I got one of those carryable batteries that are rechargable and come with 6-7 plug sizes and 1.5-12 volts...I can run the k-station direct from this without the inverter...in fact any piece of gear that uses dc voltage...
I've used it and a micro-cube for busking... ;-)

ridethefader
No Longer Registered

Post by ridethefader » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:40 am

roland sp 404

MrFrodo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:29 pm
Real name: Eric
Location: New York, NY, USA
Contact:

Post by MrFrodo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:05 am

Yamaha CS-01, man! You can also sling that around your neck, like a MIDI controller, or the Moog Liberation and Roland SH-101.
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon

m03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: Everywhere

Post by m03 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 am

translucencecs wrote:Further to my last reply - you could do it with THIS, if you cut off the lighter plug and connected the wires straight up to a 12V battery. The thing is, you'd need at least a car battery to run it, if you wanted to get even CLOSE to its maximum rated 150 watt output.

I'm not sure I'd bother... :roll:
Or, you could just get a consumer-grade UPS, and disconnect the speaker so that it doesn't annoy the c**p out of you while on battery power.

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:55 pm

ridethefader wrote:roland sp 404
:lol: Did you read his thread?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

Angstwulf
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Post by Angstwulf » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:10 am

That portable turntable thingy from Numark (PT-01)
M Audio Oxygen8
Mattel Synsonic

Palm Pilot and Bhaji Loops? That one kind of intrigues me.

KLAXON
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:54 am
Location: Right here...

Post by KLAXON » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:14 am

Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

Also, how about a gameboy and gameboy camera?
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:23 am

Angstwulf wrote: M Audio Oxygen8
Oh man, let's not start listing battery powered controllers that don't make noise.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

Mooby
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:01 pm
Gear: Jupiter 8 | Nord Rack 1 | Mbase1 | Prophet VS | SP1200 | MPC 60 | Emulator iii | NI Maschine
Location: Taiwan

Post by Mooby » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:57 am

KLAXON wrote:Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

Also, how about a gameboy and gameboy camera?
is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
Jupiter 8 | Nord Rack 1 | MBase1 | Maschine

KLAXON
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:54 am
Location: Right here...

Post by KLAXON » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 am

Mooby wrote:
KLAXON wrote:Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

Also, how about a gameboy and gameboy camera?
is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
Sure is! :) I always take my handytrax to record shops when I dig so I can preview the records and see if there are any good samples on them. You could just as easily take a sampler or recorder along with the handytrax and sample away right in the store.
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

User avatar
hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:57 pm
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Contact:

Post by hageir » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 pm

KLAXON wrote:
Mooby wrote:
KLAXON wrote:Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

Also, how about a gameboy and gameboy camera?
is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
Sure is! :) I always take my handytrax to record shops when I dig so I can preview the records and see if there are any good samples on them. You could just as easily take a sampler or recorder along with the handytrax and sample away right in the store.
holy poop!
that's a good idea, you can get away with having 20 million kgs. of vinyl in your room!
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

User avatar
atom
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Post by atom » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Casio CZ1000 (the bigger brother of the 101) i just opened it cause i need to fix the PSU port and what do ya know :) it's battery powered also.
----------------
http://ctrlr.org
----------------

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:30 pm

hageir wrote:
KLAXON wrote:
Mooby wrote: is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
Sure is! :) I always take my handytrax to record shops when I dig so I can preview the records and see if there are any good samples on them. You could just as easily take a sampler or recorder along with the handytrax and sample away right in the store.
holy poop!
that's a good idea, you can get away with having 20 million kgs. of vinyl in your room!
No store worth a damn will let you do this...
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
PitchBender
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:04 pm
Gear: 4 electribes and a case of beer.
Band: Pigslice
Location: Texas

Post by PitchBender » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

badmrfrosty wrote:I have a little inverter that I plug into the cig lighter in my van...
Speaking of inverters. Is there anyway to lug around a car battery and use it to run gear? is it possible? realistic?

Post Reply