anything battery-powered

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
translucencecs
Gear: In a transitional phase, so only:
Yamaha SY-22
Roland MC-09
Roland M-VS1
Zoom ST-224
Dubreq Stylophone
Fostex MR8

Post by translucencecs » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:25 am

Further to my last reply - you could do it with THIS, if you cut off the lighter plug and connected the wires straight up to a 12V battery. The thing is, you'd need at least a car battery to run it, if you wanted to get even CLOSE to its maximum rated 150 watt output.

I'm not sure I'd bother... :roll:

badmrfrosty
No Longer Registered

Post by badmrfrosty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:18 am

I have a little inverter that I plug into the cig lighter in my van...and a tape cassette-to-1/4 inch which goes into the headphones out of ,my k-station...sounds great through van's speakers...
...also, I got one of those carryable batteries that are rechargable and come with 6-7 plug sizes and 1.5-12 volts...I can run the k-station direct from this without the inverter...in fact any piece of gear that uses dc voltage...
I've used it and a micro-cube for busking... ;-)

ridethefader
No Longer Registered

Post by ridethefader » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:40 am

roland sp 404

MrFrodo

Post by MrFrodo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:05 am

Yamaha CS-01, man! You can also sling that around your neck, like a MIDI controller, or the Moog Liberation and Roland SH-101.
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon

m03

Post by m03 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 am

translucencecs wrote:Further to my last reply - you could do it with THIS, if you cut off the lighter plug and connected the wires straight up to a 12V battery. The thing is, you'd need at least a car battery to run it, if you wanted to get even CLOSE to its maximum rated 150 watt output.

I'm not sure I'd bother... :roll:
Or, you could just get a consumer-grade UPS, and disconnect the speaker so that it doesn't annoy the c**p out of you while on battery power.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:55 pm

ridethefader wrote:roland sp 404
:lol: Did you read his thread?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

Angstwulf

Post by Angstwulf » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:10 am

That portable turntable thingy from Numark (PT-01)
M Audio Oxygen8
Mattel Synsonic

Palm Pilot and Bhaji Loops? That one kind of intrigues me.

KLAXON

Post by KLAXON » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:14 am

Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

Also, how about a gameboy and gameboy camera?
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:23 am

Angstwulf wrote: M Audio Oxygen8
Oh man, let's not start listing battery powered controllers that don't make noise.

Mooby
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Jupiter 8 | Nord Rack 1 | Mbase1 | Prophet VS | SP1200 | MPC 60 | Emulator iii | NI Maschine

Post by Mooby » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:57 am

KLAXON wrote:Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
Jupiter 8 | Nord Rack 1 | MBase1 | Maschine

KLAXON

Post by KLAXON » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 am

Mooby wrote:
KLAXON wrote:Vestax HandyTrax? If you've got a battery powered sampler, you gotta have some vinyl to sample. And whats better than a portable battery powered turntable to do it with. :wink:

is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
Sure is! :) I always take my handytrax to record shops when I dig so I can preview the records and see if there are any good samples on them. You could just as easily take a sampler or recorder along with the handytrax and sample away right in the store.
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 pm

KLAXON wrote:
Mooby wrote:

Sure is! :) I always take my handytrax to record shops when I dig so I can preview the records and see if there are any good samples on them. You could just as easily take a sampler or recorder along with the handytrax and sample away right in the store.
holy poop!
that's a good idea, you can get away with having 20 million kgs. of vinyl in your room!
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

atom

Post by atom » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Casio CZ1000 (the bigger brother of the 101) i just opened it cause i need to fix the PSU port and what do ya know :) it's battery powered also.
----------------
http://ctrlr.org
----------------

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:30 pm

hageir wrote:
KLAXON wrote:
Mooby wrote: is it possible that taking a SP404 (or any handhold recorder) & HandyTrax to record shop for diggin without paying 1 cent? :idea:
holy poop!
that's a good idea, you can get away with having 20 million kgs. of vinyl in your room!
No store worth a damn will let you do this...

PitchBender
Gear: 4 electribes and a case of beer.
Band: Pigslice

Post by PitchBender » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

badmrfrosty wrote:I have a little inverter that I plug into the cig lighter in my van...
Speaking of inverters. Is there anyway to lug around a car battery and use it to run gear? is it possible? realistic?