New Nord soon

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
PrettyHateMachine

New Nord soon

Post by PrettyHateMachine » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Finally !

Hope this hasn't been posted before... in that case, sorry.

www.clavia.se seems like theres a new nord lead comming out soon !!
just what we needed !

cheers !
Roland SH-7 . EMU Emax SE-HD-Rack . incomming = Nord Modular, Waldorf Microwave 2

dtime

Post by dtime » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Yes - it's official news now.

http://www.nordusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254

Clavia is introducing their next synthesizer at Musikmesse, the Nord Wave.

Essentially, this is a synth featuring analog and FM synthesis, as well as wavetable synthesis. A bonus feature is the ability to import waves into the Wave's internal flash memory - both from a library of sounds available from Clavia, and user waves. An Editor application will be bundled with the Wave, allowing users to download and map their own wave files into the keyboard.

It features an interface similar to the Lead 2X, and the same controls you'd expect on a Lead, vis-a-vis the wooden pitch stick and aluminum mod wheel. There are also some other interesting features, such as an advanced multi-filter, Morphing over time, A/B slots that work like the Stage's Panels, and an effects section that includes reverb, overdrive, and delay.

Clavia classifies this as still under development, so specifications aren't available yet. Unknown factors at this point are price, availability, internal memory capacity, and what - if any - audio formats can be used with the Wave other than 16bit/24kHz .wav files.

Hi-res images aren't available (yet!), but photos of the Wave from Musikmesse will be gathered in this forum. If you find one that isn't up here, please cite the source.

jko

Post by jko » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:24 pm

Forgive me for being a bit of hungover-dopey off the mark today and not taking in articles/ links properly : is this <analog elements> as in hybrid / analog elements or analog modelling combined with fm ?

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Analog modelling...

I wonder if they cheaped backwards in the FM department the same way they have with the interface...

It also seems to have been cut down to 2 outputs instead of 4...

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Yoozer » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:21 pm

Cheapened? What, you mean the lack of LED rings? That drove the price up - and the NL2X was released because it was a bigger hit. You stick with what works; in this case, lots of people like the LED rings, but they like the cost of the entire package less.
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 pm

April Fools??

I think it's cool.. but isn't Nord anti-sampling?

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:26 pm

JUGEL wrote:April Fools??

I think it's cool.. but isn't Nord anti-sampling?
There were hints before it was released about it having features that were "new for clavia", as soon as I read that I knew... The two things they had always been against having in their lead series... Sampling... And effects...

burns46824
No Longer Registered

Post by burns46824 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:55 pm

Anti-sampling? Where have you been for the last 5 years?!

But anyway, I think this is really awesome. Nord knows they're not kings of the "analog" domain, so they're trying new things. I only hope the FM synthesis is 6 operator. Then this will sure be a good buy!

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:15 pm

burns46824 wrote:Anti-sampling? Where have you been for the last 5 years?!
????? I don't know what you are implying here.. I'm curious though.

burns46824
No Longer Registered

Post by burns46824 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Nord released several sample-based keyboards in the last 5 years.

Hokusai
Gear: Radias, Fusion, Micron

Post by Hokusai » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:31 pm

I guess he's referring to the Sampled pianos and whatnots in the electro 2 and Nord Stage?

Edit: ninja'd

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:43 pm

that little trickster... I meant in the Leads and modulars...

I usually don't care for Nord.. but this looks cool. If it isn't real. Than Nord will still be ignored by me.

Synthprophet

Post by Synthprophet » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:35 pm

Before this is running of the track. You are trying to say that the Nordl eads were sample based? I don't get it as it says they are all based on a VA engine.

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 pm

no... He's talking about the electro and stage.

EDIT: This had better be way cheaper than the NL3 or I'll be upset. Like, nord lead 2x cheap.

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:42 pm

So .. you guys are sure it's real?