KORG Discontinues Two Electribe Classics

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
clueless
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 am

Post by clueless » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

eh wrote:
clueless wrote:You really are an angry little sole aren't you?
=
prior post clueless wrote:Tell me something...... does your mother still wear the second hand steel toe capped army boots I sold her? And..... is your father still collecting empty drinks cans for loose change?
Oh, one more thing...... f**k off new guy! I dont know... what a fine way to introduce yourself to our forum. I can see we have another twat in our ranks.

P.S. The truth hurts buddy.

What done is done and that my friend, is my final say on this irrelevant matter.

Thank you very much.

moving on.
OK.... obviously a complete tool. I will have nothing more to do with you f**k.

Jiggz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:13 pm

Post by Jiggz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:48 pm

clueless wrote:Tell me something...... does your mother still wear the second hand steel toe capped army boots I sold her? And..... is your father still collecting empty drinks cans for loose change?
Oh, one more thing.....f**k off new guy! I dont know... what a fine way to introduce yourself to our forum. I can see we have another twat in our ranks.
This was a little harsh as a response to someone's opinion.....but yeah, um electribes!

They are definitely a classic design which find favour with the "perfourming" musician, but I do not think any of them will reach the status of the 303.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think any of the electribes have started a whole new genre of music like the 303!

User avatar
AudiosEnvy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:21 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by AudiosEnvy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Gotta love a good ol' synth nerd fight. :lol:
Gear list, Studio Pics and Music on my MySpace:

www.MySpace.com/giohouse

[Official VA Hooker]

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Jiggz wrote:
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think any of the electribes have started a whole new genre of music like the 303!
In all fairness we need to give them a few more years vs. the release date of the 303 vs. the genre...right? It's probably unlikely anyway.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

Jiggz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:13 pm

Post by Jiggz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:19 pm

JSRockit wrote:In all fairness we need to give them a few more years vs. the release date of the 303 vs. the genre...right? It's probably unlikely anyway.
Yeah, there is nothing orginal about them so it is highly unlikely. They are just a re-hash of the old classics...so how can they be original or create original music?

Having said that, it is a classic way of working, and Korg obviously saw this and repackaged them with modern sounds etc. Kudos to them for giving the public user friendly products and not more unintuitive menu driven products.

In the end, I think people prefer simplicity and ease of use. Because to be honest, they don't really sound that good, and yet they are very popular.

User avatar
AudiosEnvy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:21 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by AudiosEnvy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Jiggz definitely has a point here. The Elctribes have inspired a new generation of music. A very electro feel that is gaining mass popularity even in the House/Trance scenes. Will the Electribes be "classics" because of it, only time can tell us that.
Gear list, Studio Pics and Music on my MySpace:

www.MySpace.com/giohouse

[Official VA Hooker]

User avatar
clueless
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 am

Post by clueless » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Jiggz wrote:
clueless wrote:Tell me something...... does your mother still wear the second hand steel toe capped army boots I sold her? And..... is your father still collecting empty drinks cans for loose change?
Oh, one more thing.....f**k off new guy! I dont know... what a fine way to introduce yourself to our forum. I can see we have another twat in our ranks.
This was a little harsh as a response to someone's opinion.....but yeah, um electribes!
Not harsh at all when you consider the rudeness of the way he introduced himself to our forum Jiggz. You certainly shouldn't put folk down the way he did. Opinions are fine.... did I disrespect his opinion? I don't think I did. Go back and read it again dude. You will see that I voiced my opinion on them gaining a classic status in the future and he jumped in and shot me down. So in effect.... he was first to sling mud. I don't suffer fools gladly. Many here will tell you that. Where my comments harsh....... No!

User avatar
OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2556
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:04 am
Gear: Check my sig
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Post by OriginalJambo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:55 pm

clueless wrote:Not harsh at all when you consider the rudeness of the way he introduced himself to our forum Jiggz. You certainly shouldn't put folk down the way he did. Opinions are fine.... did I disrespect his opinion? I don't think I did. Go back and read it again dude. You will see that I voiced my opinion on them gaining a classic status in the future and he jumped in and shot me down. So in effect.... he was first to sling mud. I don't suffer fools gladly. Many here will tell you that. Where my comments harsh....... No!
Gotta say clueless, I don't want to take sides here but I personally feel that putting down an opinion isn't quite as bad as directly telling a member to "f**k off" - even if they are new to the forum. That's just my opinion though.

Disagreeing with someone isn't against the TOS but an all out attack (telling them to "f**k off", calling them a "f**k") seems to be. Just my 2 pence. :)

User avatar
teknosmoker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:05 am
Location: Spain

Post by teknosmoker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:14 pm

ronP wrote:
Jiggz wrote: Shame, i like jamming on hardware.
.

So do I! And an AUDIENCE likes to see a performer doing so, too!

Case in point; When I saw Thomas Dolby and BT perform last December, Dolby jammed on hardware and went thermonuclear, and the audience LOVED it all. BT just nodded back and forth and sideways whilst staring at a laptop. His music was good, too, but there was ZERO PERFORMANCE component. He looked like a temp wearing an Ipod!


.
I went to the same show. Dolby was AMAZING! A true entertainer. We walked out in the middle of BT's set though. Like you said, ZERO PERFORMANCE. Very boring.....

Watching laptop musicians on stage is usually LAME. If someone's going to perform live on a laptop, I'd rather they do their thing in the background and at least have some kind of artistic multi-media performance taking place.

-T
TR-909, SH-101, Jupiter-6, Juno 106, ATC-Xi, Microwave 1, FS1R, TX81Z, Odyssey, K2000, Wavestation A/D, E6400 Ultra, MPC 2000XL, Mutator, MF-101, MF-103, Frostwave Resonator, DSP7000, PCM-91, Fireworx, D-Two, DP/4+, MacPro Quad, Logic Pro.

User avatar
clueless
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 am

Post by clueless » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:14 pm

OriginalJambo wrote:
clueless wrote:Not harsh at all when you consider the rudeness of the way he introduced himself to our forum Jiggz. You certainly shouldn't put folk down the way he did. Opinions are fine.... did I disrespect his opinion? I don't think I did. Go back and read it again dude. You will see that I voiced my opinion on them gaining a classic status in the future and he jumped in and shot me down. So in effect.... he was first to sling mud. I don't suffer fools gladly. Many here will tell you that. Where my comments harsh....... No!
Gotta say clueless, I don't want to take sides here but I personally feel that putting down an opinion isn't quite as bad as directly telling a member to "f**k off" - even if they are new to the forum. That's just my opinion though.

Disagreeing with someone isn't against the TOS but an all out attack (telling them to "f**k off", calling them a "f**k") seems to be. Just my 2 pence. :)
OK... you f**k off with him.

User avatar
AudiosEnvy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:21 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by AudiosEnvy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:27 pm

How about you two just fight to the death and I keep the losers synths. :D
Gear list, Studio Pics and Music on my MySpace:

www.MySpace.com/giohouse

[Official VA Hooker]

User avatar
clueless
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 am

Post by clueless » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:29 pm

AudiosEnvy wrote:How about you two just fight to the death and I keep the losers synths. :D
Good idea. :lol:

User avatar
Taxidermy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:18 pm
Gear: Little Fatty
Mopho
TX81z
Ion
Casio Rapman
Location: Vancouver BC

Post by Taxidermy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:47 pm

The thing that differentiates the electribes from the 777's and 303's, is demand vs supply. I don't think the electribes will ever gain the cult status of either of the prior, because they are rare, and nearly everyone has an electribe. Korg has discontinued them probably because there is only a few people left to buy them, so their market isn't growing. When they get into looking at manufacturing another batch of cases or knobs for their electribe line, and they don't see their being much of a demand there, they are just going to write it off.

Jiggz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:13 pm

Post by Jiggz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:47 pm

clueless wrote:OK... you f**k off with him.
Again, somebody just stating their opinion...and you telling them to f**k off.

Why did you have to say this?

User avatar
clueless
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 am

Post by clueless » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:50 pm

Jiggz wrote:
clueless wrote:OK... you f**k off with him.
Again, somebody just stating their opinion...and you telling them to f**k off.

Why did you have to say this?
because. :?

Post Reply