Goldfrapp

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:00 am

KB Crockett wrote:They are amazing to see live.
Seconded. I've seen them twice. Fabulous.

A friend has the Philicorda. It's very nice. I've made samples of it, which I'll be selling soon.

KB Crockett

Post by KB Crockett » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:32 pm

madtheory wrote:
KB Crockett wrote:They are amazing to see live.
Seconded. I've seen them twice. Fabulous.

A friend has the Philicorda. It's very nice. I've made samples of it, which I'll be selling soon.
Only seen them the once, but definitely a band I'd go see again.

I've been tempted to buy a Philicorda (i've seen them cheap) to go with my Pianet to make a 60's keyboard rig! Haven't got any room left though so I might just go for those samples. Nice one.

lovedroid
Gear: MEK, LP, uQ, P6, BS, SQ80, UF8, WS, Omen6, Sonar
Band: New Modern Angels

Post by lovedroid » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:50 pm

rickrhino wrote:
carbon111 wrote:Will is also fond of running Allison's voice through the MS20's pitch-to-CV converter. Listen for it all through Felt Mountain - great effect, especially when the tracking glitches at the end of notes :)

you can see it being use live here

I haven't heard that much from Goldfrapp, and the stuff I've heard earlier didn't impress me much (which perhaps is slightly weird since many people have told us that we sound a bit like them), but that clip was totally AWESOME!!

Damn, now I wan't an MS20 even more! :twisted: