What happened to the Blofeld?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
kogmachine
Gear: Probably way too much gear

Post by kogmachine » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:18 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:These things always take a while to come out, they're probably busy getting the Phoenix editions out so they've got a bit of capital to start producing the Blofeld.

Patience. :)
I bought one, the very last Q+ I think. The last Phoenix Edition anyway. Look...
http://www.audiomidi.com/Waldorf-Q--P8792.aspx

I do believe that this model is not a Phoenix Edition. It looks more like the yellow one...

see this...

This guy looks so bored and his Q+ isn't even plugged in. It's still a good vid though.

I didn't see Phoenix Edition printed on this guys Q+. So what's going on?
On the Waldorf site it shows pics of both the red and black Q's, does this mean that they're both Phoenix Editions or what? If so, why does Novamusik, get black ones and Audio/Midi.com gets red ones? How many of these Phoenix Editions are there really?

I'll get a Stromberg when it comes out, but don't expect it to be anytime soon. Ooops! I asked Holger Steinbrink if the Stromberg had a step sequencer like the Q. He said no but, now they'll probably add one. s**t. Well, you don't want these things rushed, otherwise important features are overlooked.

Patience... yes patience.
Don't be afraid, ever... cause this is just a ride.

synapsecollapse
Gear: MS20 Mini, Eurorack stuffs, Elektron Machinedrum, Venom, iPad mini, DX7

Post by synapsecollapse » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:53 am

you bought a Q+? neat. post some samples that dont have silly guys saying "digital ... analog" when you get the chance. not that im in the market for one, i just love wally demos, and always thought the Q+ ones they did were cheese.

that video youtube was really fun, and the guy made me giggle.

Track2

Post by Track2 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:34 am

kogmachine wrote:
Stab Frenzy wrote:These things always take a while to come out, they're probably busy getting the Phoenix editions out so they've got a bit of capital to start producing the Blofeld.

Patience. :)
I bought one, the very last Q+ I think. The last Phoenix Edition anyway. Look...
http://www.audiomidi.com/Waldorf-Q--P8792.aspx

I do believe that this model is not a Phoenix Edition. It looks more like the yellow one...

see this...

This guy looks so bored and his Q+ isn't even plugged in. It's still a good vid though.

I didn't see Phoenix Edition printed on this guys Q+. So what's going on?
On the Waldorf site it shows pics of both the red and black Q's, does this mean that they're both Phoenix Editions or what? If so, why does Novamusik, get black ones and Audio/Midi.com gets red ones? How many of these Phoenix Editions are there really?

Patience... yes patience.
The Q phoenix editions (including the Q+) are, I believe, all black with red inlay, like this:

http://www.novamusik.com/images/screen_ ... uscoll.jpg

at first I did'nt like it and would have prefered the old colourway, but its grown on me, and i have come to feel that black is appropriate for such an evil machine :twisted:

It is my understanding that 200 q's and 200q+ are all that are being produced of the phoenix editions
Triton ProX with MOSS, Z1, Q+ Phoenix, XTk, microQ, Supernova II, KS Rack, MS2000R, A6 Andromeda, Ion, Proteus 2500

Feelsee

Post by Feelsee » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:02 pm

Kawai K5000s, FS1R, SY77, A5000, Powermac G5 2GHZ DP, Logic 7.2

megawatt

Post by megawatt » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Feelsee wrote:Seems to be available here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.htm ... ld&x=0&y=0
but not in stock
Last edited by megawatt on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OP-1, RYTM, A4, CS-50, PUSH

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:27 pm

toonelind wrote:thomann.de has it listed already. the price is 398 €, there is no delivery date marked, but there is an option to pay for it :)
That is a BARGAIN

kogmachine

Post by kogmachine » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:21 am

synapsecollapse wrote:you bought a Q+? neat. post some samples that dont have silly guys saying "digital ... analog" when you get the chance. not that im in the market for one, i just love wally demos, and always thought the Q+ ones they did were cheese.

that video youtube was really fun, and the guy made me giggle.
Yes those sound samples they have posted did not impress me. They're are many more (and better) sounds of the Q+ in Waldorfs Soundcorner. What did impress me, was a video I saw on youtube. I think it was Pighood who posted the video, cause you could see a yellow Q and an Andy in the vid... which he has. I envy his gear setup very much. He barely touches the Q, and it goes off making all these crazy noises. I've never actually laid hands on a Waldorf product yet, but of all the stuff I'm hearing it can't all be hype. If so many people say that Waldorf kicks a*s, I think I can pretty much take it as fact. I'll try and post some by Christmas time.

kogmachine

Post by kogmachine » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:29 am

Track2 wrote:
The Q phoenix editions (including the Q+) are, I believe, all black with red inlay, like this:

at first I did'nt like it and would have prefered the old colourway, but its grown on me, and i have come to feel that black is appropriate for such an evil machine :twisted:

It is my understanding that 200 q's and 200q+ are all that are being produced of the phoenix editions
Then, I'll have a rare one. I'm getting mine from Novamusik, but I thought there were 500 each of the MicroQ, Q, and Q+. Well if I ever have a fire or other disaster, this baby will be getting rescued first... after my family of course.

severen

Post by severen » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:32 am

Track2 wrote: The Q phoenix editions (including the Q+) are, I believe, all black with red inlay, like this:
beautiful! :)
look like virus

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:39 pm

SWAN wrote:
toonelind wrote:thomann.de has it listed already. the price is 398 €, there is no delivery date marked, but there is an option to pay for it :)
That is a BARGAIN
:lol:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

synthetic88

Post by synthetic88 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:59 pm

Has anyone called QTec for an update? That would be the best source of information.
Andromeda • Voyager • Super Jupiter + Programmer • TX-802 • Two GigaStudio PCs
http://www.jefflaity.com/studio

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:18 am

On the video I hear the Waldorf guy mentioning two effects (zwei effecten), but is that per part, or what? On the spec page over at Waldorf's site, it would indeed seem each part has its own effects.

The price of this synth is really unbelievable. I would've guessed at least 3 or 4 times the price. Totally amazing...

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:49 pm

I might pick one up for gigging with a midi controller, if its small enough to sit on a novation remote SL 61 easily...

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:52 pm

MitchK1989 wrote:I might pick one up for gigging with a midi controller, if its small enough to sit on a novation remote SL 61 easily...
It would also be a good module for an MPC user. This think will go over well if it ever comes out. It should be up there with the evolver as one of the true bargains.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:55 pm

Track2 wrote:The Q phoenix editions (including the Q+) are, I believe, all black with red inlay, like this:

holy shhhhhhhh.. this must be one of most beautiful synths evaaaar.

im glad manufacturers have started paying attention to design, at least in higher end models. i love how P08 looks too. absolutely stunning.

i do hope stromberg comes out, a sthe only reason why i kinda strayed form the q/q+ line is limited wavetabling functionality. stromberg is supposed to be a marriage of the xt n q line. if they never out with it, im gonna feel like a fool for not picking this beauty while they were avail. not that i have the cash now, but my god im in love with this design.

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc