What happened to the Blofeld?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
sequence

Post by sequence » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:06 am

If anyone's interested, 2 slots remain (as of this afternoon) out of 30 total Blofeld preorders thru NovaMusik. Matt tried to spin optimistic on arrival in 2-4 weeks, but qualified this by commenting "yeah, it's Waldorf, they're historically slow." :lol:

Oh and their preorder price on Prophet 08 module is $1399. h**l the way things are going that'll be out before Blofeld. :cry:
twentyfirst century fizMO man

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:10 am

i'm'a wait 'til one of you guys gets it home and hates it. that's when i swoop in and buy it at a discount! :lol:

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:12 am

that looks like a nice issue..anyway, talking about mags, Novamusic just put 2 full pages of their add in the January 08 issue featuring P08 and Voyager. Seems like they're really focus on specific synth right now. Supposed to be something good for synth buyers, specially since I heard good words from other thread here.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:19 am

sequence wrote:If anyone's interested, 2 slots remain (as of this afternoon) out of 30 total Blofeld preorders thru NovaMusik. Matt tried to spin optimistic on arrival in 2-4 weeks, but qualified this by commenting "yeah, it's Waldorf, they're historically slow." :lol:
You have to be kidding me...another 2-4 weeks? I was told 2-4 weeks 2 weeks ago.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

bustedllama
No Longer Registered

Post by bustedllama » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:23 am

Nova mentioned Waldorf has sent them only 4 thus far.

So yeah, slow sounds about right. I am hoping they are hand crafted by the same monks who produce Chimay Grand Reserve using only their powers of telekenesis and that it will have magical powers. It'll get here when it does I guess :)

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:25 am

anybody know how these are at drums? kicks and snares? have there been some demos of this?

astraeus000

Post by astraeus000 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:39 am

hmmm...perhaps by the time I get mine it'll have OS 2.0 installed already........killah!!!

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 am

killedaway wrote:anybody know how these are at drums? kicks and snares? have there been some demos of this?
I also would like to hear more about this. Remembering that more than half of it is actually a uQ which is very good at drums, this one also supposed to be very good at that.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

sequence

Post by sequence » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 am

JSRockit wrote:
sequence wrote:If anyone's interested, 2 slots remain (as of this afternoon) out of 30 total Blofeld preorders thru NovaMusik. Matt tried to spin optimistic on arrival in 2-4 weeks, but qualified this by commenting "yeah, it's Waldorf, they're historically slow." :lol:
You have to be kidding me...another 2-4 weeks? I was told 2-4 weeks 2 weeks ago.
Hmmm.. maybe we should call it "Slofeld." :lol: then maybe there are German weeks and Rest of the World weeks, where 1 German week equals 4 ROW weeks... :wink:

Uncle Screwtape
Gear: Access Virus Indigo
Alesis ion
Arturia MiniBrute SE
DSI Mopho
Novation KS4
Vermona DRM1 MkIII
Roland TR-707
Korg DDD-5
Korg Volcas (4)
Band: Uncle Screwtape

Post by Uncle Screwtape » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:11 pm

sequence wrote:
JSRockit wrote:
Hmmm.. maybe we should call it "Slofeld." :lol: then maybe there are German weeks and Rest of the World weeks, where 1 German week equals 4 ROW weeks... :wink:
Yeah, they use metric Weeks. 1 Metric Week = 2.54 Standard Weeks
Your... affectionate uncle,
-Screwtape

sequence

Post by sequence » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:29 pm

late last nite I paid a visit to Slofeld site and noticed on 1/15 they issued a V.1.01 firmware update, inc the file and instructions (something about the volume control and another issue) so maybe this is a factor in the sluggish release of more to da market? :?

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/news

Metric weeks :lol: I'll have to remember that next time I vacation to Canada

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm

sequence wrote:late last nite I paid a visit to Slofeld site and noticed on 1/15 they issued a V.1.01 firmware update, inc the file and instructions (something about the volume control and another issue) so maybe this is a factor in the sluggish release of more to da market? :?

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/news

Metric weeks :lol: I'll have to remember that next time I vacation to Canada
The Metric Calendar and Clock actually were created along with the rest of the metric system, but they never really caught on. The Metric Week had 10 days in it.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 pm

llamastorm wrote:Nova mentioned Waldorf has sent them only 4 thus far.
:)
Nova won't reply to my e-mails anymore (also about the Kaossilator), so I guess they are sick of me asking about it.... :lol: It does piss me off though...since I buy alot from them.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

sequence

Post by sequence » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:09 pm

I wouldnt take it personally JSR, for I detected a lot of frustration on their end with SlowDorf when I placed my preorder yesterday. After all, a preorder is not a sale, and I know they'd rather have stuff in stock and selling. :D hang in there bro. 8)

kaffekick

Post by kaffekick » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:40 pm

sequence wrote:2-4 weeks
I really hope that isn't the waiting time for Sweden as well. What on earth are Waldorf doing!? I want my Blofeld now! :evil:

In April 2008 at Waldorf HQ:
"Hey Dieter! What are those piles of Blofelds still doing here? I thought they were shipped in January!?"
Gear: Yamaha Electone B-405