What happened to the Blofeld?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:47 am

piRoN wrote:
MitchK1989 wrote:The Metric Calendar and Clock actually were created along with the rest of the metric system, but they never really caught on. The Metric Week had 10 days in it.
You're getting confused with Decimal Time. The metric system did not include time units on it's original introduction in France.
I liked your first answer better. ;)

Still, how do you explain digital watches if time was never meant to be metric?

synapsecollapse
Gear: MS20 Mini, Eurorack stuffs, Elektron Machinedrum, Venom, iPad mini, DX7

Post by synapsecollapse » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 am

piRoN wrote:
MitchK1989 wrote:The Metric Calendar and Clock actually were created along with the rest of the metric system, but they never really caught on. The Metric Week had 10 days in it.
You're getting confused with Decimal Time. The metric system did not include time units on it's original introduction in France.
thats because seconds are already SI.

synapsecollapse

Post by synapsecollapse » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:09 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
piRoN wrote:
I liked your first answer better. ;)

Still, how do you explain digital watches if time was never meant to be metric?
dont you know that digital is better than analog? just ask the mid 1980's.

Ezzo

Post by Ezzo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:36 am

I asked the mid 80's but it was too coked up to give a concise answer
Octave Cat SRM
Korg Polysix
Boss DR 770
Line 6 POD XT
Tascam DP01

kogmachine
Gear: Probably way too much gear

Post by kogmachine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:54 am

Damn. Of the demos I've heard, the Blofeld sounds pretty awesome. Good drums, strange out-of-this-world sounds, and some Bn'B sounds too. I wish that I wouldn't have to wait til 2012 for that Stromberg to come out. From now on, I'm not looking into anything made by Waldorf until it's in stock.
Don't be afraid, ever... cause this is just a ride.

kogmachine

Post by kogmachine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:58 am

JSRockit wrote:Nova won't reply to my e-mails anymore (also about the Kaossilator), so I guess they are sick of me asking about it.... :lol: It does piss me off though...since I buy alot from them.
Nova doesn't answer my emails either, you're much better off calling their 800 number. But they've demonstrated their ineptitude many times. They told me that the Andromeda had been discontinued because of faulty ASIC chips. I was overjoyed when Alesis support denied the claim... now I can still hunt my white whale.

sequence

Post by sequence » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Update on Blofeld availability this AM from AH, courtesy Antonio: They scored 4 booth demos from the NAMM show. 1 or 2 are staying at AH as demos, the others will sell FC FS as new--if they havent been spoken for/sold already, he didnt know. Prices weren't mentioned, and I didnt ask because that's not his job.

Preorders are only for NIB stock, and he does not have enough, yet, to begin filling his preorders. Like Sweetwater. Like MF. Like NovaM. :cry:

and unlike other retailers, he did not venture a guess on a timeframe (smart) as to when AH would recieve enough NIB stock to start filling preorders.

As far as what they have, he said the best thing to do is to send an inquiry email to AH--NOT him, he's just runs the Brick & Mortar store proper--and one of his sales staff will get back asap with specifics.

I hope this helps clear up some of the vagueness and acrimony from last night, of which I feel (mostly) personally responsible for, and for which I have apologized to droolmaster. After all, his intentions were good. :D
twentyfirst century fizMO man

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 am

It seems that Waldorf just keeps telling the stores 2-4 weeks...even if weeks have passed since the last time they said 2-4 weeks. Is waldorf dropping the ball here? From what I understand, there are alot of pre-orders out there...hundreds... yet Waldorf isn't pumping them out to meet demand. I guess since NAMM has come and gone with nothing comparible for the price, they can take their sweet time.

Maybe someone can answer this... if they were able to ship 12 to the US... is it really that hard to make a few dozen more? Does it really take a long time to make this stuff once the process is in place? I'm not being a j**k, just curious...since I have no clue.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

synapsecollapse

Post by synapsecollapse » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:54 am

Ezzo wrote:I asked the mid 80's but it was too coked up to give a concise answer
i bet the mid 80's blinked the answer at you in binary

philip

Post by philip » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:57 am

kogmachine wrote: I wish that I wouldn't have to wait til 2012 for that Stromberg to come out

My god,are u sure about 2012, I thought 2008.2009 at least :shock: :shock: :shock:

kogmachine

Post by kogmachine » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:42 am

philip wrote:My god,are u sure about 2012, I thought 2008.2009 at least :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well knowing how long it takes Waldorf.....

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:16 am

sequence wrote:Update on Blofeld availability this AM from AH, courtesy Antonio: They scored 4 booth demos from the NAMM show. 1 or 2 are staying at AH as demos, the others will sell FC FS as new--if they havent been spoken for/sold already, he didnt know. Prices weren't mentioned, and I didnt ask because that's not his job.

Preorders are only for NIB stock, and he does not have enough, yet, to begin filling his preorders. Like Sweetwater. Like MF. Like NovaM. :cry:

and unlike other retailers, he did not venture a guess on a timeframe (smart) as to when AH would recieve enough NIB stock to start filling preorders.

As far as what they have, he said the best thing to do is to send an inquiry email to AH--NOT him, he's just runs the Brick & Mortar store proper--and one of his sales staff will get back asap with specifics.

I hope this helps clear up some of the vagueness and acrimony from last night, of which I feel (mostly) personally responsible for, and for which I have apologized to droolmaster. After all, his intentions were good. :D
thanks for the clarification. I am not responsible for any verbal imprecision, due to centuries of imbreeding. I'm lucky that I only have 14 fingers.. In any case I'm still debating whether grabbing the blofeld I've been promised is insane, having gnabbed a Q+...but I still might go for it. Save me from this GAS irrationality by buying my Q and Radias (full explanation beyond my current sobriety).

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:29 am

JSRockit wrote:It seems that Waldorf just keeps telling the stores 2-4 weeks...even if weeks have passed since the last time they said 2-4 weeks. Is waldorf dropping the ball here? From what I understand, there are alot of pre-orders out there...hundreds... yet Waldorf isn't pumping them out to meet demand. I guess since NAMM has come and gone with nothing comparible for the price, they can take their sweet time.

Maybe someone can answer this... if they were able to ship 12 to the US... is it really that hard to make a few dozen more? Does it really take a long time to make this stuff once the process is in place? I'm not being a j**k, just curious...since I have no clue.
Ok. You admit that you have no clue. That's a start....Why would Waldorf be messing with you? I don't know - some of this starts pissing me off, because I've really liked their synths for quite a few years now, and I'm really rooting for them. They are a small company, and just getting revved up. How is it in their interest to ship only a few Blofelds and frustrate everyone? It's frustrating, sure - but remember, that's because you really want their stuff. They are doing the best they can.

s**t - I have half a mind to pick up my Blofeld, even though I don't need it, only to gloat to all of you naysayers.

Just joking...it's pure GAS...if none of the stuff I have for sale moves, I'll pick up the Blofeld, since I"m told it will be held until Monday for me. I admit I'm irrational (as well as a bit drunk) - I love that company. I love the sound of their synths, and I think that for complex instruments, they really got the interface right. I have a Q+ coming in a couple of weeks, so someone buy my Q and save me from this ugly mess.

westforwishing9

well

Post by westforwishing9 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:43 am

well 100 will be shipped soon or have shipped since namm. I was told this by one of reps at namm. He also said they were spoken for already. I think he also mentioned future shipments were also spoken for and each shipment should get bigger and bigger.

piRoN
Gear: A fair bit.

Post by piRoN » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:52 am

synapsecollapse wrote:thats because seconds are already SI.
No, SI was developed in the 1950s or somewhere around that time. Just a wee bit later...
Ensoniq EPS-m | Elby Designs ASM-2 | Yamaha TQ5 | Akai S3000XL | Akai X7000 | Novation KS-4 | SCI Prophet 2000 | Kawai K1m | Korg Monotribe | Korg Monotron | Roland S-50 | Roland D-10 | Roland MKS-7 | Yamaha RX11