What happened to the Blofeld?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
T7
No Longer Registered

Post by T7 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:57 am

actuel wrote:
llamastorm wrote:This is probably their way of punishing us for George Bush or something :)
in that case, we may never get them. :shock:
Vote Democrat! :shock:

Electrocorporation

Post by Electrocorporation » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Just canceled my order on Thoman. I had made the payment in December and needed a new mixer... and was not very happy about the fact that I had to wait for another two months...
Electro: Elektron MD, Evolver, Mopho, Blofeld, MS 2000B, MicroKorg, TR61, Wavestation, Fantom XA, OB 12, Kawai K5000S, Micron, Novation BSR, Kurzweil K2000R, Casio CZ5000, Yamaha CS10 and CS15, Raven Max, Roland D-50.

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Electrocorporation wrote:Just canceled my order on Thoman. I had made the payment in December and needed a new mixer... and was not very happy about the fact that I had to wait for another two months...
Hmmm why? ^^^

Mine has just been delivered!!! YAY! (from Thomann)
I can't wait to get back from work and crank this beasty up!

btw it looks beautiful!

let you know tomorrow how it sounds.

Electrocorporation

Post by Electrocorporation » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Well, that was the information thomann provided in an answer to an email I sent them.

I'll get one in March... it will be a nice birthday present I'll give myself!!!

Enjoy your Blofeld!! And let us know!
Electro: Elektron MD, Evolver, Mopho, Blofeld, MS 2000B, MicroKorg, TR61, Wavestation, Fantom XA, OB 12, Kawai K5000S, Micron, Novation BSR, Kurzweil K2000R, Casio CZ5000, Yamaha CS10 and CS15, Raven Max, Roland D-50.

sequence

Post by sequence » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:12 pm

tallowwaters wrote:somebody offered to sell me one just today...
:wink:
I think I know who... :wink:
twentyfirst century fizMO man

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 pm

sequence wrote:
the only way you could know is if you were the other person on the phone...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

sequence

Post by sequence » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:15 pm

tallowwaters wrote:
sequence wrote:
the only way you could know is if you were the other person on the phone...
hmmm... the mystery thickens. :shock:

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:40 am

Electrocorporation wrote:Well, that was the information thomann provided in an answer to an email I sent them.
I think that's just bad luck, I too sent them an email and they said they arrive on 30th of March!

Then I got the text a few days later!? must have meant the next shipment and they already had a few to cope with all the pre-orders.... and luckily mine was ordered early enough?

Anyway......

I have to be really honest now..... when I first kicked it up I was truly dissapointed in the blofeld! I assumed that I hadn't had the updated OS and all the ealier stated random volume problems were present!!!
and there was a really loud pop when turning on making me nealy spit coke (cola) all over it!
I was using headphones for quickness and to really hear what was going on, and there was a loud hiss and a hum for a while..... which died after it warmed up.......
ok, not the most promising of starts but... I started trawling through the presets and catagories and they were not too inspiring but sound good, apparent volume problems could sometimes be rectified by trying different octaves to hear them at thier best, but still quite a few presets were too quiet an some blew your ears apart when selecting!
I don't use presets anyway so........ hmmmm

after an hour of checking basic parameters I thought I'd leave it and grab some nosh.

later I plugged in again and thought ok! lets get in there and straight away all the bad things faded away! I initialized a programme and started from scratch, its really easy to navigate and sound is awesome!
I really like the filter section especially the comb and notch filters they are awesome and really put some grit into your sound.
I tried the arpeggiator and for some reason the tempo would not work!? but then I tried the tempo knob on the controller and that worked!?
The arp editor didn't seem to work either, but that is more likely to me not doing something right? ha!
I decided to check out the random programme and I fell in love with the first one it came up with!!!!! with a bit of tweaking I saved it over one of those boring quiet presets...... and thats basically what I did for the rest of the night, saving messed up craziness over shitty presets!

ok, conclusion time.
I love it! It really does sound amazing..... but you do have to go past the presets an get shaping your own stuff. Its quick, easy and keeps you entertained with a smile on your face, I'm pretty sure though there will be an update somewhere along the line and if these problems mentioned earlier keep popping up then I'll get emailing waldorf..... but, for now I'm in love!

It will be worth the wait, trust me.

astraeus000

Post by astraeus000 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 pm

you so lucky. :cry:

sequence

Post by sequence » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:05 am

Yeah Ive decided to cancel my preorder, this wait game is not one I wish to play anymore. :cry: maybe next year, provided it does get released sometime this year. Right now Fizmo does well for all my wavetab-ley weirdness, and there's just too much good stuff out there to choose from that I dont have to wait to get. Besides, I collect Rickenbacker guitars, and I have my eye on a sweet vintage 1979 4001 bass in pristine original condition. :wink:

good luck with yr Blofelds, guys, esp. U JSR. I'll be lurking the inevitable threads that are to come once this baby is released and in active use. May yr OS's be stable and yr volume be consistent. :D

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:46 pm

I heard yours was ready to ship on Monday... ;)

I'm keeping my order... there simply isn't another synth at this price that will give me what this gives me in conjunction with my Elektron gear.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

bustedllama
No Longer Registered

Post by bustedllama » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:48 pm

I cancelled mine too.

All the comments on the mailing list about them having issues after updating is not leaving me with a great feeling. I'm a software guy myself and I don't tolerate bad QA very well.

Loved the price point and demos though.

wahit

Post by wahit » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:58 pm

I was thinking in buying the Blofeld as well, since I don't have a synth now. So much delay made me order a MK Black. Maybe in some months I give Blofeld a try :oops: :cry:
Oooohhh.... buttons!

T7
No Longer Registered

Post by T7 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:14 pm

It seems worth the wait to me.

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:32 pm

sequence wrote:Yeah Ive decided to cancel my preorder, this wait game is not one I wish to play anymore. :cry: maybe next year, provided it does get released sometime this year. Right now Fizmo does well for all my wavetab-ley weirdness, and there's just too much good stuff out there to choose from that I dont have to wait to get. Besides, I collect Rickenbacker guitars, and I have my eye on a sweet vintage 1979 4001 bass in pristine original condition. :wink:

good luck with yr Blofelds, guys, esp. U JSR. I'll be lurking the inevitable threads that are to come once this baby is released and in active use. May yr OS's be stable and yr volume be consistent. :D
You're just sad that nobody joined you in calling it the Slofeld :)
Anyway, if you're not on a waitlist, checking your email everyday, the month or so that it might take now won't seem like a long time.
virb.com/ookpikk