What happened to the Blofeld?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm

"Good news! We received our Blofeld sample from Waldorf Germany. The first unit in the U.S. Ted Keffalo (President of Qtec) plans on hitting the road in mid July to visit our dealers. We expect production units to begin arriving in the U.S. by early August.

Thank you for your patience.

Marty Bradley
Qtec Designs"

This was dated July 1 at http://qtecdesigns.com/simplemhttp://qt ... inesforum/

lovedroid
Gear: MEK, LP, uQ, P6, BS, SQ80, UF8, WS, Omen6, Sonar
Band: New Modern Angels

Post by lovedroid » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:01 pm

kk994 wrote:2 video clips of the blofeld from some lads at waldorf. It's in german but it's not so bad.

HERE is the link.
Ooooh! It looks sweet!! :)
My german is a bit rusty, but it seems like most is determined now, right?

Stereo out. No audio in. The USB is only for MIDI. 2 non-editable wavetables with "best of" from the earlier Waldorf wavetables. ~500EUR. Coming soon... :)

Apart from the interface and physical package it seems to be very similar to the microQ. They didn't speak about different filter types (LP, HP, BP and Comb was shown on the display) so it's possible that there are developments there, but wouldn't he brag about the PPG filter if it was there...?

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 pm

the fact that its still only going to be ~e500 euro is pretty awesome. .or was that an old video?

I remember hearing that ages ago but not believing it... definitely gonna get one of these ... cant be beat for that kinda price

lovedroid

Post by lovedroid » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:46 am

cartesia wrote:the fact that its still only going to be ~e500 euro is pretty awesome. .or was that an old video?
It was posted to musotalk.de the 10th of august, so it seems to be new...

Andy_X69
Gear: Alesis A6 Andromeda, Access Virus TI, Arturia Minibrute, DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard, Waldorf Micro-Q, Waldorf Pulse 2

Post by Andy_X69 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:37 am

lovedroid wrote:Stereo out. No audio in. The USB is only for MIDI.
Oh f**k. Please please tell me that is not true! Cant get multiple audio streams via USB? DAMMIT! DAMMIT!

Nothing on the Waldorf website says that there will be no audio over USB2.
http://www.myspace.com/studiodekadent, Cubase 4/TC Powercore X8/MOTU PCIe424 with 24io/MOTU MIDI Express 128

lovedroid

Post by lovedroid » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:02 am

lovedroid wrote: They didn't speak about different filter types (LP, HP, BP and Comb was shown on the display) so it's possible that there are developments there, but wouldn't he brag about the PPG filter if it was there...?
Doh! The specs on Waldorf's site clearly states that it has PPG filter... -Damn, maybe I have to save up for one anyway then... :twisted:

Andy_X69: I think that he was rather clear about the USB in the video though, so I wouldn't hold my breath...

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Good news regarding shipping. This will be my next synth...and my first multitimbral synth...should be a great match for my MPC.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:13 am

JSRockit wrote:Good news regarding shipping. This will be my next synth...and my first multitimbral synth...should be a great match for my MPC.
will be one h**l of a tiny setup :)

I was thinking about running an MPC500 + a blofeld. . but then I went and blew all my money on the incredible hulk - an emu command station

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 am

cartesia wrote:
JSRockit wrote:Good news regarding shipping. This will be my next synth...and my first multitimbral synth...should be a great match for my MPC.
will be one h**l of a tiny setup :)

I was thinking about running an MPC500 + a blofeld. . but then I went and blew all my money on the incredible hulk - an emu command station
Yeah, I like to have two beat making set-ups... the MD and MnM is one and the MPC and ... is the other. I was using the EMX-1, but ultimately was not satisfied. I think the Blofeld may be what I am looking for. Hopefully it will be around the $500 mark.

KLAXON

Post by KLAXON » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:20 am

JSRockit wrote:Hopefully it will be around the $500 mark.
That sounds about right considering the new micro-q phoenix is 700 and the blofeld is basically just a smaller micro with less features. Who knows, it might even be less.
.....i have some things that create and sculpt sound.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:27 am

KLAXON wrote:
JSRockit wrote:Hopefully it will be around the $500 mark.
That sounds about right considering the new micro-q phoenix is 700 and the blofeld is basically just a smaller micro with less features. Who knows, it might even be less.
Yeah, I've heard less than $500 now. I guess they have to keep the Evolver in miond when pricing this thing.

Constantine
Gear: ableton live, ESX, kurzweil k2000r, euro/frac/DIY modular, sp-404, and Berna lol
Band: nXLR

Post by Constantine » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:48 am

this thing looks tempting. veeery tempting.

i can cope with absence of additional midi ports and audio ins, but this kinda makes me think Waldorf's cutting a lot of corners to keep Blofeld in $500 range.. and i wonder what other 'corners' had to be cut :?

*but anyway, we'll have to wait till its release and reviews*

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Constantine wrote:this thing looks tempting. veeery tempting.

i can cope with absence of additional midi ports and audio ins, but this kinda makes me think Waldorf's cutting a lot of corners to keep Blofeld in $500 range.. and i wonder what other 'corners' had to be cut :?

*but anyway, we'll have to wait till its release and reviews*
I don't look at it as cutting corners to keep it under $500 that much, but more along the lines of cutting corners so it has less specs than their other machines...

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 pm

The lack of multiple outputs dissapoints me. I suppose it would still be great for live use or for recording parts one at a time...

I think I'd rather if terratec komplexer was finally ported to mac, like they said it would.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:41 pm

MitchK1989 wrote:The lack of multiple outputs dissapoints me. I suppose it would still be great for live use or for recording parts one at a time...

I think I'd rather if terratec komplexer was finally ported to mac, like they said it would.
Well, if you want multiple outs, you have to step up your cash level. To me, any company that puts out cheap, but usable gear should be applauded.