What happened to the Blofeld?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
audible
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: What happened to the Blofeld?

Post by audible » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Joey wrote:
audible wrote: In January I wrote to Blofeld regarding this and other behaviours and I got this reply:
You wrote to blofeld? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good old Stavro Blofeld is always there to help #-o
"The concern of the musician is music. The concern of the professional musician is business. Only become a professional musician if there is no choice." Robert Fripp.

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Some tips I've learnt in my week of ownership:

- If you find the output of your Blofeld is too quiet on your patches you wrote from 'Init', find the Amplification page (quickest way is to hit the button that takes you to FX and then scroll the main page wheel backwards) and turn down "Velocity". This was bugging me for days!!
- Many standard modulation destinations have their own internal slot for choosing a modulation source and depth (for example filter frequency, osc pitch, amplification) - use them instead of dedicated modulation slots
- the 'Init' patch has both FX set to 'on' but mix set to '0'. I don't know if the DSP shortcuts "mix=0" to "don't compute", but just to be safe consider turning them to "bypass" if they're unused to save CPU.

DocT

Post by DocT » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:37 am

A short Blofeld demo of the harsher kind again:

A Quantum Of Blofeld

:oops:

Drums from Stylus RMX and Battery 3