Does analog really matter in the end

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Postby Stab Frenzy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 pm

MrFrodo wrote:Okay, I'm 50% blind in each eye, so I can't remember if anybodymentioned the Korg DW-8000. I think that could be just as useful in creating "space rock" sounds as anything else.

What the f**k does this have to do with anything?
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Postby crow » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:10 pm

Primative: are we related ??? naw cuntit bad. at aw. keep it up mah lad.
...and ah just thought, cuntin well hit it!
GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
crow

Postby crow » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
MrFrodo wrote:Okay, I'm 50% blind in each eye, so I can't remember if anybodymentioned the Korg DW-8000. I think that could be just as useful in creating "space rock" sounds as anything else.

I have piles. 8)
...and ah just thought, cuntin well hit it!
GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
crow

Postby clueless » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:

Hahaha.... beats me too what he's on about. You make me laugh Stab. :lol:
clueless

Postby neandrewthal » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:42 pm

I think he just meant to post one thread down, in the space rock one. Ok not one thread down anymore now that I bumped this, but no biggy.
neandrewthal

Postby DIGITAL SCREAMS » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:31 am

In my opinion, if you are on a budget.....try your best to get a versatile analog monosynth for bass, lead and FX duties.

If im really critical then I must say that VA and softsynths are still lacking in this department. If you want really balsy, dirty synthetic sounds.....use analog. Personally I am not inspired to use VA for the above mentioned duties. Maybe you would be inspired? Totally subjective.....

Also note, that pure digital synths such as the DX7, Wavestation or D50 can make some great bass, leads and FX also.

If I were you....don't obsess over an analog polysynth. It would be far more worht your while settling for a Nord 2 and a couple of versatile analog mono's (MonoPoly, ProOne). If you really want analog, then you can kill two birds with one stone by getting an Andromeda A6 (sensible money), Sunsyn or Omega 8 (finance it baby).

DS
Synthesizers: Roland Jupiter 8, Sequential Prophet 5, Moog Old School, Access Virus TI2, Yamaha DX7 MKII (and FM8), Roland D50, Korg Wavestation and M1

DIGITAL SCREAMS

Band: Digital Screams

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers