What Do You Use For Drums?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bryce1888
No Longer Registered

What Do You Use For Drums?

Post by Bryce1888 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:02 am

Just wondering. I am having trouble with what i should use. I got a micron, and was hoping to use the drums, but all the sounds are very electronic and cheesy with the exception of the tr samples. I want to have something that has natural sounds and cool electronic sounds. I was thinking of buying a junior set of drums, but i don't think i have the space or the skill to use them. what are your suggestions for an option that doesn't bust the bank. Don't get me wrong, i love electronic sound, but not cheap sounding bleeps like on the micron.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:28 am

I use an electric kit....planning on going back to the XoX boxes but with an mpc by my side as well....
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

keybdwizrd

Post by keybdwizrd » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:31 am

I mostly use the drums kits found in my various romplers. The Korg Micro X comes with 30 drum kits, many of them are great-sounding (to me). I also use the kits in my Motif and Roland JV1080 (to which I've added the drum/bass expansion card).

I also use a fantastic collection of drum kits in a software plugin from Ultimate Sound Bank - the Plugsound Drum and Percussion collection. It contains zillions of acoustic and electronic drum kits - dance, electro, groove, house, techno, jungle, drum machines, as well as natural kits, jazz kits, and a large percussion library.

Michael

sacredcow

Post by sacredcow » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:34 am

IN before the lock
PowerMac G4 dual, DSI MoPho, E-MU XL-7, Korg ES-1mkii, Korg EA-1, Novation Nova, Kawai K4, Casio vz10m, Casio ht700, Yamaha PSS-480

(5 good trader references and counting)

Tofuik

Post by Tofuik » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:34 am

Abletons Impulse sets, and random percussive noises
the cheese stands alone

MrFrodo

Post by MrFrodo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:39 am

wiss wrote:I use an electric kit....planning on going back to the XoX boxes but with an mpc by my side as well....
I love getting to use electric kits with simulations of the 707, 808 and 909 in their brains. That truly feels like playing a drum machine in real time to me.
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon

rickrhino

Post by rickrhino » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 am

Battery 2
mis dos centavos

Roland Juno 60 w/Kenton DCB/MIDI, Novation Basstation R,Ensoniq ESQ1, Yamaha SY85 & PSS-470, RedSound Darkstar v2,,Akai MPC3000, NI Kontakt 3, Arturia's Minimoog V & ARP2600 V, GForce's ImpOscar,Oddity,Minimonsta, WOW TimewArp 2600

AudiosEnvy

Post by AudiosEnvy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:48 am

Er-1 and Mv8800 and a shitload of samples.
Gear list, Studio Pics and Music on my MySpace:

www.MySpace.com/giohouse

[Official VA Hooker]

maindeglorie
Gear: Voyager Select,Little Phatty,ARP Solus,Omni II,Yamaha CS-40M,Prophet 5,Prophet 08,OB-Xa,MaxiKorg,Nord Lead 3,Nord Wave,Eurorack modular, etc.

Post by maindeglorie » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:49 am

ReDrum, seriously.

Jack Spider
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Gear: -
Bit One
Boss DR-220
Boss DR-660
DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard
Korg LP-10
Roland XP-50
Yamaha QX21

Post by Jack Spider » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:39 am

Bryce - not only are you under a current ban from posting in here but there is already a thread about drum machines.

Your ban has now been extended to two weeks, and if I catch you posting again during this time, I will have no alternative but to have the site administrator ban you from VSE completely.

This doesn't need to be a problem, so please - honour the ban and this will be the last we speak of it.
I didn't get where I am today by posting on internet forums.
http://www.myspace.com/thegreenalsatian
http://www.soundclick.com/greenalsatian