Having a speech about synthesizers.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Having a speech about synthesizers.

Postby OggeOJ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Yea, were having speeches in our swedish (just like english, exept we talk swedish :P) and I am going to talk about syntesizers.
So I wanna know what you would want to hear if you were going to listen.

I have thought about something like this

HISTORY/First synth

Something short about the hammond, describe tonewheel and additive syntehsis, sound example

The "revolution"
About bob moog and his modular and mini, the influences and the birth of synthmusic.
Describe subtractive synthesis a little deeper tha additive, because its simpler and easier. Although I think I need to paint it out on the chalkboard, like the layout of Jupiter 8 if you catch my drift. (Any other than J8 could work too, just tell me.)

Sound examples. Famous synths. What synthesizers are today.

Thats the program. Any suggestions?
yeah, im also obsessed with it.
OggeOJ

Postby killedaway » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:11 am

i think a visual/audio aid would bring the house down. anyway you could bring in a synth and smack out some patches while you speak? that'd be awesome. i've found that synth-speak can be tremendously boring or confusing for the uninitiated and this could really bring the speech to life.
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Postby micahjonhughes » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:31 am

You should check out this http://www.obsolete.com/120_years/ if you already haven't.

If you have the ability visuals are croud pleasers. A PowerPoint presentation with pictures, music and video would be great. I'm not sure you're looking to be that formal.
micahjonhughes

Postby OggeOJ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:12 pm

micahjonhughes wrote:You should check out this http://www.obsolete.com/120_years/ if you already haven't.

If you have the ability visuals are croud pleasers. A PowerPoint presentation with pictures, music and video would be great. I'm not sure you're looking to be that formal.

The school can only afford a projector, so im using that :P
yeah, im also obsessed with it.
OggeOJ

Postby Alex E » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:33 pm

Funny, I just did a Powerpoint presentation on synths as a final school project and I mentioned the mini, modular systems, different types, the evolution of the synth etc.

I'd show it to you but I can't, because it's in the school network and the presentation is probably deleted by now because the year is over.

Anyway, have lots of sound examples, a live demonstration, and maybe try speaking through a vocoder instead of a regular mic.
soundcloud.com/vectron

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: JP-8080, Virus C, Sidstation, Nord Lead 3, Nord Rack 2, XP-60, Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Return to General Synthesizers