Having a speech about synthesizers.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Having a speech about synthesizers.

Postby OggeOJ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Yea, were having speeches in our swedish (just like english, exept we talk swedish :P) and I am going to talk about syntesizers.
So I wanna know what you would want to hear if you were going to listen.

I have thought about something like this

HISTORY/First synth

Something short about the hammond, describe tonewheel and additive syntehsis, sound example

The "revolution"
About bob moog and his modular and mini, the influences and the birth of synthmusic.
Describe subtractive synthesis a little deeper tha additive, because its simpler and easier. Although I think I need to paint it out on the chalkboard, like the layout of Jupiter 8 if you catch my drift. (Any other than J8 could work too, just tell me.)

Sound examples. Famous synths. What synthesizers are today.

Thats the program. Any suggestions?
yeah, im also obsessed with it.
OggeOJ

Postby code green » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:37 pm

possible to start with a quick demo? like a big filter sweep or something? i think your presentation seems very logical but you might get people to listen more attentively if you were to grab them at the beginning. if not with a demo then perhaps with a quick mention --or better yet, quick mix--of popular songs that feature synths. "...what do all these songs have in common? They all feature synthesizers."

And before going into the history maybe start with a quick, all-encompassing definition of what a synthesizer is.

just some thoughts--good luck with your speech!
code green

Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Postby kk994 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 pm

:?:
kk994

Return to General Synthesizers