Roland VK 7

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Roland VK 7

Postby Ezzo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:20 pm

So I was in my local music store last week and happened to try a VK-7. I REALLY liked the way it sounded. I'm sucker for good organ sounds and this one did not dissappoint. It also some nice string, brass and piano sounds. The $800 CDN price tag seemed a little steep but I was really considering putting in on a payment plan. Are there any other synths that focus on organs and strings like that one that I should look at before I start digging up penny jar from under the porch?
Octave Cat SRM
Korg Polysix
Boss DR 770
Line 6 POD XT
Tascam DP01
Ezzo

Postby code green » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:11 am

you might want to consider drawbar modules...i know, e.g., oberheim made one.
code green

Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Postby stillearning » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:31 am

The VK7 is great but the VK8 has a slightly better Leslie sim, imo. Also check out the Roland VR760, organs, strings, pianos and some synth sounds too, with 76 keys. Also the Kurzweil K2500/2600 series with the KB3 mode does an excellent Hammond/Leslie simulation, and the strings are awesome. A bit pricey, unless you get a good deal.
As always, kindly allow for the possibility I have no idea what I'm talking about.
stillearning

Return to General Synthesizers