Reactable...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
steveman

Reactable...

Post by steveman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:04 pm

I'm sure some of you remember the wacky 'reactable' synth.

See it here in use with Bjork http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHeX6yg95xU on the BBC's 'Later'

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:06 pm

It's neat to see tha table in action, but what happened to Bjork? Did she forget how to make music? That was just awful.

steveman

Post by steveman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:51 pm

neandrewthal wrote:It's neat to see tha table in action, but what happened to Bjork? Did she forget how to make music? That was just awful.
On the basis of that performance I'd have to agree

kirrinuchis

Post by kirrinuchis » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:09 am

I saw her on Coachella... great Show, but the whole reactable synth, although it looked impressive, seemed like the guy that was playing it, didn't get the most of it... I think it was the new song "Declare independence"...

Anyway, it was an amazing presentation (well I like Bjork), very powerful voice and great quality of their musicians. And they seemed to have another type of touch screen synths or sequencers, besides a bunch of synths in the back (I was very far, not able to distinguish between them).

clubbedtodeath
No Longer Registered

Post by clubbedtodeath » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:14 am

Load of high-falluting musical fart knockery, if you ask me.

I reckon Kenneth Chumley-Warner Erhardt would have a flute patch sussed within seconds, but of course he'd never share it.

primative

Post by primative » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:18 am

I saw her at Shoreline with Mark Bell on Reactable. The big screens were on it almost as much as they were on Bjork.

Maybe they let her use it on tour because they're planning on actually releasing these things, free exposure?

Be interesting to see the price tag.
Whenever people agree with me I tend to feel I must be wrong.

steveman

Post by steveman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:42 pm

kirrinuchis wrote:I saw her on Coachella... great Show, but the whole reactable synth, although it looked impressive, seemed like the guy that was playing it, didn't get the most of it... I think it was the new song "Declare independence"...

Anyway, it was an amazing presentation (well I like Bjork), very powerful voice and great quality of their musicians. And they seemed to have another type of touch screen synths or sequencers, besides a bunch of synths in the back (I was very far, not able to distinguish between them).
Noticed a couple of the new KP3's and I reckon the other touchscreen was one of the Jazz Mutant Lemurs.