it's finally done! elmo's ultimate an1x patch bank ^.^

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
elmosexwhistle
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Band: Elmo Sexwhistle

it's finally done! elmo's ultimate an1x patch bank ^.^

Post by elmosexwhistle » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:25 pm

http://www.savefile.com/files/840539

here's the link for my an1x patch bank, 127 patches ranging from the insane to the inspired, from vintage goodness to modern mayhem :)

the file is in an1 format so you'll need the wonderful An1x editor and a midi cable to upload the files into the synth ^.^

http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/an1x/s_an1xed.htm is the link for the editor...

so what have we got for you? well, theres a load of very clever patches with bass and noise percussion in the left hand, leaving the right hand scene for whatever you want...also, some very nice sounds you wouldn't expect on the an1x, melotrons, clavichords, and other such stuff....then there are some cool leads, some big shimmery pads and some crazy crazy soul shaking patches of insanity :) very very few of the factory presets survived, and if they did they're probably tweaked to h**l...and i believe, although the main body of work is my own, there's a few of the public domain patches knocking about...this is the patch set i gig with, so you never know what you'll find :P

enjoy, and make sure to drop me an IM if you like (or hate!) my work ^.^

<3 jayjay xx

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:26 pm

Too bad I don't have an AN1X or I would check these out straight away going by your MP3 demos I heard sometime ago. Thanks for sharing though - who says you can't get something for nothing? ;)

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:13 pm

OriginalJambo wrote:Thanks for sharing though - who says you can't get something for nothing? ;)
me, 'cause now i gotta go buy an AN1x! :lol:

pSYCREATOr

Post by pSYCREATOr » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:38 pm

@elmosexwhistle
I remember you did a free release of patches a year ago allso on this board wich was nice, thx for the good work, can't wait to have my PC back on weekend to convert the patches for testing them on my Amiga computer, It'S allways inspiring to listen to other patches, how they were made, so THX a lot :O)
I give up using an ASCII Logo
wich would need a longer text
line :o

psiapir

Post by psiapir » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:59 am

really great of you to share your work amongst the others.

Perhaps you could records some audio-goodies.. I'm dying to hear those patches and the an1x maelstrom..

Cheerio
Roland Alpha Juno 1 | Roland Super JX + pg800

slowalan
Gear: Roland VSynth ASys and Elby DIY modular, Alesis Andromeda Motif 7 DSI Evolver Juno 6 Absynth XPhrase Omnisphere Uilleann Pipes Anglo Concertina
Band: Hail Victor Noir

Post by slowalan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:06 am

Elmo

Will your patches work in a Motif with the PG150AN card in it?

With thanks

Slowalan
Red inside, same as Queen Victoria. Getting redder by the minute.

Dano

Post by Dano » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks Elmo – I look forward to loading these in my AN200 : )

bigbadbarns

Post by bigbadbarns » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:58 pm

you're a champ, elmo. I gonna load em up on my an-200 when I can be assed.

And alan- yeah, should do, since it works on an an-200, which uses the PLG-150AN card.

elmosexwhistle
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor
Band: Elmo Sexwhistle

Post by elmosexwhistle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:00 pm

i imagine they should work with the AN card...i'm sure i heard that the card had only one of the board's 2 scenes, in which case you'll have to split these patches in 2 or something...i'll record some audio goodness tonight if anyone fancies it :)

i've been tinkering away today and should have a version 2 of this bank ready by the end of the week, just gotta fix some of the volume levels...i added layers to some of the *single* patches, usually a beat or something, just coz i could...lol

it's surprising how this board is still throwing surprises at me...i'm currently messing around with syncing the lfo to the fm amount and playing around with the pitch shifer effect :) x

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Wicked! I'll have to get these patches onto my AN1X.

Was there ever an editor made for OSX? The one I found only works on OS9 and before... Which means I have to lug the AN1X from the studio, up a flight of stairs, and across the house into the family computer room to use the old athlon if I want to use it at the moment... Not terribly difficult, but not very convenient.

Music*aL

Post by Music*aL » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 am

MitchK1989 wrote:
Was there ever an editor made for OSX? The one I found only works on OS9 and before...
The Mac editor works in OSX under classic. So, if you have a pre-intel mac you can certainly use the editor.

aL
http://www.six30jam.com
http://www.myspace.com/Six30Jam
iTunes

Clavia NS 88, NL2x
Virus Kb
Yamaha: An1x, ES6 (PLG150: AN, DX, VL), S80

braincandy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by braincandy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:59 am

MitchK1989 wrote:Wicked! I'll have to get these patches onto my AN1X.

Was there ever an editor made for OSX? The one I found only works on OS9 and before... Which means I have to lug the AN1X from the studio, up a flight of stairs, and across the house into the family computer room to use the old athlon if I want to use it at the moment... Not terribly difficult, but not very convenient.
If you have an Intel Mac, you won't be able to use the editor, unless you want to use XP via Bootcamp. I've tried to e-mail Gary Gregson, but the only e-mail address I've found doesn't work. He could make one and sell it, but I don't know if it would be worth his time.

MitchK1989

Post by MitchK1989 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:32 am

yeah, I'm on intel mac, so I can use PowerPC apps under rosetta, but classic apps are out of the question... Thanks anyway.

Another Q (sorry for the OT)... How hard is it to get the editor working under linux using WINE?

Anyway, if these patches are anywhere near as good as your first bank, I'll love them.

bgi

Re: it's finally done! elmo's ultimate an1x patch bank ^.^

Post by bgi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:06 pm

elmosexwhistle wrote:the file is in an1 format so you'll need the wonderful An1x editor and a midi cable to upload the files into the synth ^.^

http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/an1x/s_an1xed.htm is the link for the editor...<3 jayjay xx
Aw man, now I gotta figure out how to get the Mac Classic editor to speak MIDI on OSX or go fetch a winderz laptop and hook it up to the UM-3x! :D

Perhaps someone (I can once I get this connected and working) can upload the bank in sysex...

There is an OSX MIDI app pass-thru library in beta that should enable the old OS9 windows lib MIDI apps to run on OSX but it didn't work for me. I'll post more details tonight...

looking forward to the cool patches!
Yamaha YPG-625, MO8, AN1x; Roland JP-8000, D-550, JD-990; Korg Legacy Collection; Guild D50, Epiphone Sheraton II, Homemade 8-string bass guitar

Dano

Post by Dano » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:02 pm

i heard that the card had only one of the board's 2 scenes
The AN200 has 2 scenes so I think the PLG AN card can play the patches as you designed them to be played.