THE KNIFE synth use ?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Postby tallowwaters » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 pm

JUGEL wrote:I'd like to add that I don't hate them. They got their own thing,,.. I was more dissing on the Elektron sound because it reminded me why I sold those things.

I'd lie if I said I really liked them ... but if some girl I was talking to said they were really into them .. I could BS my way through it and not feel guilty..

well, not everybody can be a stoned shut in playing live for a room of 3 people...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: LC-MS/MS

Postby syncretism » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:58 pm

JUGEL wrote:I'd like to add that I don't hate them. They got their own thing,,.. I was more dissing on the Elektron sound because it reminded me why I sold those things.

There was a time when you liked that sound; what changed?
Yours,
Niall.
syncretism

Postby tallowwaters » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:58 am

syncretism wrote:

too many people owned them.

:lol:
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: LC-MS/MS

Postby minime123 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:18 am

but if some girl I was talking to said they were really into them .. I could BS my way through it and not feel guilty..

ha!
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- We Buy Sell Trade Repair Vintage Synths
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- https://tonetweakers.com
minime123
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby JUGEL » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:56 pm

syncretism wrote:

I got a akai S900 and would use it with the Machinedrum ... I liked sound so much more I wound up going the MPC route. Hihats and snares really bugged me after awhile... and the filter.

The Monomachine I still like ... but I just kept using the FM... felt guilty or something... sold mostly cause I needed $$$. The Digi and Analog sections started to bug me ... with clipping and such.

I can see me getting one of them again.. I have trouble working without that interface... it's just so good.
JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Postby ygg » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:02 pm

actuel wrote:
jupiler wrote:...recent interview they says they are using Monomachine cause tey are sponsorised (pay) by Elektron !in fact the Knife don't use a Elektron Monomachine for their analog sounds...

This "(pay)" claim is completely false.

How can they use something digital for their analog sounds?

Anyhow... there's a lot of different opinions on the knife's use of Elektron gear.

Here's the story...
Both are from the same swedish city...Both are very hyped up.. If I would want anyone playing my hyped gear (as a Elektron founder) it would be the knife. The Elekron founders are young fellas that used to go to the same parties as the knife, not some old spoungy b**b mooogy.

Also Olof clearly states he uses a machinedrum AND a monomachine and the TM-1 from Elektron.

http://elektron.se/stories/?y=2007&p=2&t=5&s=3#talk

My vote is for some kind of sponsoring. Would be very suprised if they were not.

But keep calling it BS you "know how's" :D
Acid Generators: Mg-1, Tb-Devilfish, Fizmo, Minimoog, JP6europa, JP4 I/O, S-100m, Maplin 5600s, Prophet 5, NordWave, Concorde 502, Tr-77, Tr-808midi, Machinedrum, Vermona drmmk2, Re-201, Vt-1, Fireworx, Scrotum, other FX , pedals and hardware.
ygg

Postby minime123 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:08 pm

The Elekron founders are young fellas that used to go to the same parties as the knife, not some old spoungy b**b mooogy.

quite the quote there :)
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- We Buy Sell Trade Repair Vintage Synths
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- https://tonetweakers.com
minime123
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby neandrewthal » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:03 pm

The arpeggio lines sound very Polysix to me. Is it possible that Korg Legacy Collection is among their software?
What happens at fondue stays at fondue!
neandrewthal

Postby syncretism » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:37 pm

ygg wrote:My vote is for some kind of sponsoring. Would be very suprised if they were not.

Daniel H stated a year or two ago that Elektron doesn't sponsor artists, be they the Knife, Autechre or otherwise. I can't remember if it was on the email list or the elektron-users forum.

Djugel, I hear you in re the S900. I use the ROM machines more often than any other synthesis type. That said, it's still tops for me in matters drums, even without the sampling option.
Yours,
Niall.
syncretism

Postby JUGEL » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:21 pm

It also didn't hurt that my buddy has a 909 and a LinnDrum. Also, my friend has a MD-UW that he lets me use for overdubs all the time.
JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Re: THE KNIFE synth use ?

Postby smallsynth » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:52 am

Why did I just get a notification for this thread? Weird. I don’t see any new posts... some old memories...
smallsynth

Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Re: THE KNIFE synth use ?

Postby meatballfulton » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Might have been a spam post that was deleted before you came to check the thread.

A lot of the spam we mods see these days are posts added to zombie threads. In fact, the only reason I came here today was I noticed it was an old thread with a brand new post, thinking perhaps it was unreported spam.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers