VSE Forums - Show some appreciation

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
KalinsFarm

Post by KalinsFarm » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:24 am

I think it's enthusiasm that makes VSE cool. Discovering it brought me out of synth retirement and into full GAS mode. Woohoo!
www.virb.com/intaglioblue
PEK, Fizmo, MS2k, Electro61, Absynth, Karma, ESQ-1, Eps16+, MG-1, M-tron, Reason, Atmosphere, Kantos

Absence
No Longer Registered

two cents

Post by Absence » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:26 am

I was very happy to see the forum back up today.

By the by, a Korg DW-8000 should also be arriving at my house next week! I have to brag about it somewhere, because Guttermonkey is the only comrade I know in my neck of the woods that shares my excitement.

Now for a BCR2000...

kogmachine
Gear: Probably way too much gear

Post by kogmachine » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 am

Thanks VSE!!!!!! :D I've been checking the site often and was :D to see it back up today. I plan to donate some money as soon as I can and I hope to start collaborating on some patches with some of you. If you do have T-shirts though I definitely want one.
Don't be afraid, ever... cause this is just a ride.

SquareWave
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Korg Kronos X, Access Virus Ti2, Moog Sub37, Arturia Matrixbrute, DSI Tempest, Akai MPC, Hypersynth Xenophone, Roland D550

Post by SquareWave » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:01 am

I am soo very happy that VSE is back online, yet I am even more unhappy to learn that so many mods have left. In case you didn’t notice – the VSE mods here are some of the best you will ever have the good fortune to be moderated by! Not only are they great mods, but they are great forum members! Now that so many of them have left – it is truly a sad time for VSE.

Mr Rich, Jack Spider, october71, clubbedtodeath, vynlOverdrive, tallowwaters, Dano, Synthacon, THM, Toris… These are great people! Far better than some of you are worthy of!

Sadly, I believe it is a small minority of worthless f**k who have caused all the problems and have deprived the vast majority of us good members from the presence of such fine folks.

Now – tallowwaters in an ornery mo’fo’ who will take on all comers, but even he will eventually fall if he is the only one left to bear the burden of VSE. It is up to us – the good members of VSE – to stand up and be counted!

I call for all Synth Explorers, Senior Members and any VSE folks who care, to take an active role in helping the mods make VSE a great place to be!

:withstupid:
"As welcome as a shite in yer spacesuit." - Crow, 2007

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:06 am

Thanks guys. Glad to see things are back up.
virb.com/ookpikk

zukskywalker

Post by zukskywalker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:09 am

Whew! I'm REALLY glad to see this board back up. VSE has been the single greatest synth info source for me ever.
Thanks VSE!!!!

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:47 am

Glad it's back online - seems a bit faster too now things have settled. :thumbup:

Although the new look is clean and pleasant, I kinda miss the old skin and quick reply was always handy. Damn spam bots. :lol:

AudiosEnvy

Post by AudiosEnvy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:54 am

Oh man, that scared the h**l outa me. I wasn't sure when you guys were gunna be back. Anyways, thanks for keeping this place going.
Gear list, Studio Pics and Music on my MySpace:

www.MySpace.com/giohouse

[Official VA Hooker]

vintagesynth
Retired Admin

Post by vintagesynth » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:33 am

Thanks buds! Letting you know that the VSE sees your appreciation, and loves it!

The forum took a few days to get back up because of the back-and-forth with my server/provider... I had been spending my weekend up in Monterey California attending the MotoGP races at Laguna-Seca... I came home to the following email:
While reviewing our server performance, our engineers found that all of the scripts in the folder ‘phpBB2’ which connect to MySQL servers are overloading our servers. This is the reason why we have had to suspend the CGI/Website functionality for your account. We suggest you to check and correct those scripts or delete such scripts running in your website and get back to us, so that we could re-enable the CGI/Website functionality for your account.

It took a while to get it back up, apologies... And thank you for your donations... I have not noticed any problems with the Paypal link... But what some people don't realize is when you click it, it opens inside the VSE's window so you will still see vintagesynth.com in the url instead of Paypal... If you click the "What's this all about" link under our Paypal button, you will be taken to a page with a normal link to Paypal. I only mention this because some people have feared there may be a scam to my Paypal button since they didn't see Paypal's url in their address bars. I assure you, there's no scam... Just a means for any of you to send us and honest buck for all our hard work and upkeep.

:headbang:
Retired admin. Please do not PM me for support.

Tetsuya

Post by Tetsuya » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:58 am

L

O

V

E

VSE

:wink:
[ Karma ]@|[ Prophecy ]@[ CS1x ]@[ K5000S ]@[ K5000W ]@[ QS8.2 ]@[ LP-10 ]@[SY22?]

Gear: TB-303, MC-505, MC-09, V-Synth GT, FR-777, FR-XS, MFB: Synth II, EMU Proteus 2500/CS, FS1R, Supernova II, Fusion 6HD, ER-1 MKII
Band: 23, A23P, Piss Ant

Post by 23 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:09 am

This is the only online forum that I'm regularly active on.

That said, you can be sure as all h**l that I think this place kicks a*s and give a big two thumbs up to the heads keeping it alive.

Wiglaf
Gear: I don't even remember half of it
Band: width full

Post by Wiglaf » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:24 am

Well, I don't like the new skin (I can't tell what the new posts are..the old white b/g skin had nice big orange borders around the new posts, but this silver one doesn't have anything)...but I'm glad as h**l that the forum is back.

Where's the sub...oh, there it is.

EDIT - Ok, seriously, is there some way to tell what the new posts are?

EDIT 2 - Sometimes you learn things when you scroll all the way down...
"I thought all you did was push a button and sounds came out!" - Mom on synths
"Not quite, Mom." - Me on synths

t.o.t.s.

Post by t.o.t.s. » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:11 am

thanks thanks thanks! :D
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES

Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Post by Maschinengeist » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:08 am

VSE entertains me and give me work. I'm missing something when it's not on. Thanks to the people who made and run this place.

THANK YOU VSE!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"

pix

Post by pix » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:33 am

this is one the the best synth communities online. Thanks for keeping it alive!!