VSE Forums - Show some appreciation

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Max Websta
Gear: Minimoog,Clavinet C, Oberheim OB-SX, Yamaha YC-45D,K2vx,Yamaha EX5, Ensoniq ASR 10,Chroma Polaris, Oberheim Dx,Tascam 388 and Tascam Sx-1Le,

Post by Max Websta » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:09 am

:D Glad VSE forums are back up and running. There's so much knowledge here. Like Joni said,"you don't know what got till it's gone"! Many thanks to all who make it possible for us to be here.

acmesoundlab

Post by acmesoundlab » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks very much to all who put in the hard work to keep the forum running, and to all the members whose postings provide so much information and entertainment.

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Keep up the good work lads! =D>

breitt

Post by breitt » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:16 am

If synth manufacturers knew or cared about how much revenue VSE indirectly brings their way, their donations alone would carry this project eternally. Many of my GAS attacks were encouraged by my readings and/or questions on VSE, and 90% of those cravings were alleviated by making a new synth purchase.

Thanks to all for their hard work here.
Elektron Analog 4

ColorForm2113
Gear: tin cans and rubber bands
Band: Me twiddling in the corner...

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:53 am

i was very disoriented when i saw the boards were down :confused2: i had to reload the page like nine times and check it at least once a day. this site has been my source to finding new toys and gear that i will never beable to afford, and help me buy the stuff that i can afford.

Thank You For Bringing it Back! \:D/

HH

Post by HH » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:49 am

Much appreciation and respect, keep it up =D>

ReaPeR
Gear: Fusion 6HD
Waldorf Q Rack
DSI Evolver Desktop
Roland VK-8m

and other various FX/softhings

Post by ReaPeR » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:12 am

breitt wrote:If synth manufacturers knew or cared about how much revenue VSE indirectly brings their way, their donations alone would carry this project eternally. Many of my GAS attacks were encouraged by my readings and/or questions on VSE, and 90% of those cravings were alleviated by making a new synth purchase.

Thanks to all for their hard work here.
Damn yeah!!!

Anyway i'm happy VSE is up again... it's the only forum i check more than 1 time/day !

Wiglaf
Gear: I don't even remember half of it
Band: width full

Post by Wiglaf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:22 am

breitt wrote:If synth manufacturers knew or cared about how much revenue VSE indirectly brings their way, their donations alone would carry this project eternally. Many of my GAS attacks were encouraged by my readings and/or questions on VSE, and 90% of those cravings were alleviated by making a new synth purchase.
Because everyone who buys a synth reads VSE. :roll:
"I thought all you did was push a button and sounds came out!" - Mom on synths
"Not quite, Mom." - Me on synths

breitt

Post by breitt » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:15 am

Wiglaf wrote:
Because everyone who buys a synth reads VSE. :roll:
More likely the converse, Sir Wiglaf; nearly everyone who reads VSE buys a synth. And that's no inconsequential number. :roll:
Elektron Analog 4

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:33 am

a great place with great people, joy and new design!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Wiglaf
Gear: I don't even remember half of it
Band: width full

Post by Wiglaf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:59 am

breitt wrote:More likely the converse, Sir Wiglaf; nearly everyone who reads VSE buys a synth. And that's no inconsequential number. :roll:
There are 4603 people registered at VSE as of this post. We would all have to buy the same synth from the same manufacturer for them to care...and that's not going to happen.
"I thought all you did was push a button and sounds came out!" - Mom on synths
"Not quite, Mom." - Me on synths

Entropy Farmer

Post by Entropy Farmer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:21 am

I was horrified to think that this place went under just as I had stumbled upon it. Fight the power!

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:22 am

A day doesn't go by that I don't visit this forum. I would hate to see its demise.

breitt

Post by breitt » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:32 am

Wiglaf wrote:
breitt wrote:More likely the converse, Sir Wiglaf; nearly everyone who reads VSE buys a synth. And that's no inconsequential number. :roll:
There are 4603 people registered at VSE as of this post. We would all have to buy the same synth from the same manufacturer for them to care...and that's not going to happen.
OK-you're right. I was just speaking from personal experience as an enthusiastic consumer cog in the machine. I wasn't thinking about the whole picture.
Elektron Analog 4