Uniterrupted power supplies...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
i_watch_stars

Uniterrupted power supplies...

Post by i_watch_stars » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:35 am

Ok, I'm royally pissed.

I was powering up my XV-5080, which has a stupidly long power up process, and my powergrid had a "brownout". All of my patches were lost or scrambled, and I had to do a factory reset. I am now seriously eyeing some UPS systems out there, since my power grid is possibly the shittiest grid I've ever experienced.

Anyone here in the approx 10 to 15 synth range use these? What voltage should I be looking for here? Any recommendations?

divineaudio
Gear: far too much.
Band: metria

Post by divineaudio » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:07 am

add up the amp/milliamp ratings on all your gear and use that as your minimum.

Entropy Farmer

Post by Entropy Farmer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:36 am

The APC I have sitting in front of my computer gear is fantastic. Thanks for reminding me that I need to grab another for the synths.

stillearning

Re: Uniterrupted power supplies...

Post by stillearning » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:09 pm

i_watch_stars wrote: What voltage should I be looking for here? Any recommendations?
You're in the US, 110-120 volts.

But, as divineaudio said, it's amperage/wattage ratings you need to be looking at. (watts = volts x amps)

Add up the consumption figures of the gear you feel the need to have in the UPS circuit, then go from there.
As always, kindly allow for the possibility I have no idea what I'm talking about.

i_watch_stars

Re: Uniterrupted power supplies...

Post by i_watch_stars » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:20 am

stillearning wrote:
i_watch_stars wrote: What voltage should I be looking for here? Any recommendations?
You're in the US, 110-120 volts.

But, as divineaudio said, it's amperage/wattage ratings you need to be looking at. (watts = volts x amps)

Add up the consumption figures of the gear you feel the need to have in the UPS circuit, then go from there.
OK..got it. Thanks for your replies!