Back in the Yamaha CS Club

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:I just got the CS-15 I bought. After about 30 minutes of fiddling, I am convinced that it is one of the most versatile synths I have ever worked with. Having two separate filters switchable between high/band/low... each with variable LFO and pos/neg EG... THEN with separate VCAS and directable ENVs... all of my theorizing that the thing is insanely versatile was true.

It also has a great sound.

I'm in love.
Glad you like it. However, judging from current ebay listings I think you have inflated the prices. :x
Last edited by otto on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:I just got the CS-15 I bought. After about 30 minutes of fiddling, I am convinced that it is one of the most versatile synths I have ever worked with. Having two separate filters switchable between high/band/low... each with variable LFO and pos/neg EG... THEN with separate VCAS and directable ENVs... all of my theorizing that the thing is insanely versatile was true.

It also has a great sound.

I'm in love.
Glad you like it. Judging from current ebay listings I think you have inflated the prices. :x
Last edited by otto on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 am

otto wrote:Glad you like it. Judging tfrom current ebay listings I think you have inflated the prices. :x
Yeah, just wait until I do a video and people realize what the thing is capable of!
I begged all of you to sell me one, didn't I?? And what did you do? You spat in my face!! Well, NOW YOU'LL ALL PAYYYYY!

Okay, not really. :)

In general: I think it is a better synth than the MS-20. Yes, that's right... I think it is a better synth than the MS-20. I am working on a thesis to describe exactly how... and there are a LOT of reasons.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Cool. I think I'll send my CS5 ad CS10 to custom synth and have them put them in a new mega case. Red would be a good colour, Syrinx style, seeing as it will have two freely patchable filters.

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:50 pm

madtheory wrote:Cool. I think I'll send my CS5 ad CS10 to custom synth and have them put them in a new mega case. Red would be a good colour, Syrinx style, seeing as it will have two freely patchable filters.
I've always thought someone should do that with two Micromoogs... that would be an incredible synth.
But yeah, you should!
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Don Solaris
Gear: I got almost everything you would ever want.

Post by Don Solaris » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:I am convinced that it is one of the most versatile synths I have ever worked with.
Hey, that's nothing!! Real fun starts once you expand the CS-15:

http://homepage.mac.com/synth_seal/file ... 20mods.pdf

AA.MARAT

Re: Back in the Yamaha CS Club

Post by AA.MARAT » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:54 am

So I dutifully searched, skimmed, and scanned but I did not find an answer to my question.
Simply, can one play the keyboard (VCO 2 assuming) while the sequencer is running (VCO 1)
on a CS-30. Thanks.

P.S. To all who think the CS-15 is a wonderful synth, I wholeheartedly concur.