Ebay + alcohol = bad idea!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
micahjonhughes

Post by micahjonhughes » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:17 am

Did you get a good deal on the BIN price?

Maybe someone here in the US would be willing to buy it from you.

presets
No Longer Registered

Post by presets » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:52 am

yea, i would post it for sale in the states and just have the seller send it to them. of course you would have to sell it quickly. i sent an ob-8 to london earlier this year and it cost about 280 usd and that was basically the cheapest i could find. i wasnt selling internationally but the buyer bought it anyway. but i did my best to find him a good price. i ended up going with fed ex on a fed ex account which gives you a small discount. theres a huge price increase on heavy items internationally. so 400 dollars isnt suprising. couldnt he give you the dimensions and weight and you could double check his quote? usps normally is the cheapest but when i went to ship the ob 8 was to big to ship for them. the overall dimension cant be bigger than 108 inches i beleive. length + girth

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:19 am

sorry, englishmen
*switch to icelandic*

hey, ég keypti e-mu emax og hann var ÓGEÐ þungur, ég þurfti vin minn til þess að hjálpa mér að lyfta honum..!
en já, SHOPUSA!
það kostaði 9 þús. (skattar, tollur & sendingarkostnaður UPP AÐ DYRUM)
getur eflaust látið einhvern ættingja taka við honum hérna heima, er það ekki?

annars kostar alltaf $20-$100 að senda með usps (sci multitrak = $108)
tékkaðu hérna:
http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mod ... &CID=10192

það kostar alltaf ÓGEÐSLEGA mikið að senda með UPS, FedEx og DHL, ALLTAF yfir $150, oftast í kringum $300 þannig að usps er the way to go!
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

ColdTrinity
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: ROLAND- Jupiter 6/OBERHEIM-Matrix 6/YAMAHA-DX7IIFD/ACCESS-Virus KC/KORG-ESX-1
Band: Voight-Kampff Machine

Post by ColdTrinity » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:33 am

that idea of selling it through the original seller is great unless the original seller is the a*s. It's totally crazy situation.
Any chance that you can find someone coming to Amsterdam from LA. Like someone said- people come to Amsterdam pretty often, rather than going somewhere else for vacation. There are always some options.
The fact is that you really want the piece of that gear. How much time do you have?
.... gold rush, golden years ...

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:33 am

hageir wrote:sorry, englishmen
*switch to icelandic*

hey, ég keypti e-mu emax og hann var ÓGEÐ þungur, ég þurfti vin minn til þess að hjálpa mér að lyfta honum..!
en já, SHOPUSA!

tékkaðu hérna:

það kostar alltaf ÓGEÐSLEGA mikið að senda með UPS, FedEx og DHL, ALLTAF yfir $150, oftast í kringum $300 þannig að usps er the way to go!
Allow me to translate for those less fluent in icelandic than me:

hay , I keypti e mu emax and he var DISGUST massy , I neediness oasis my in order to succour myself snuggle up to lift him.! while yes SHOPUSA! there cost þús. ( tributary , toll & forwarding expense Against DYRUM ) canst beef up departed einhvern veginn kinsfolk take accustom him on this side at home , is there not? otherwise cost always $20-$100 snuggle up to send with usps sci multitrak = $108) tékkaðu on this side :

there cost always DISGUSTING hot snuggle up to send with UPS FedEx and DHL , ALWAYS over $150, most often around $300 thus snuggle up to usps is the privilege interrupt go!

Helix

Post by Helix » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:04 am

Yeah, hot snuggling with UPS sounds digusting..

Won't you save a ton if he just skipped the flightcase? It's probably broken and the foam inside has turned to dust (took hours to clean up the DX-7)
XTk 30v, Q, Voyager RME, Indigo, Polymorph, Braintech Transistorbass 3

30h5
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: SH-2, JV-880, D-110, M-1000, CS-15, FR-777, FR-XS, ESQ-1

Post by 30h5 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Drunken E-baying! Hooray! That is how I ended up with my micron! As far as backing out of the auction, if the seller is reasonable and may be able to work something out. I once won an auction for some music cart for an atari that I thought was getting and the deal fell through on the system, so I e-mailed the seller and explained my situation saying I would still pay for the item and he just said paypal me a dollar (or whatever the autcion cost him) and we were both happy. Good luck!

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 pm

neandrewthal wrote:
*switch to icelandic*

en já, SHOPUSA!

tékkaðu hérna:

hay , I keypti e mu emax and he var DISGUST massy , I neediness oasis my in order to succour myself snuggle up to lift him.! while yes SHOPUSA! there cost þús. ( tributary , toll & forwarding expense Against DYRUM ) canst beef up departed einhvern veginn kinsfolk take accustom him on this side at home , is there not? otherwise cost always $20-$100 snuggle up to send with usps sci multitrak = $108) tékkaðu on this side :

there cost always DISGUSTING hot snuggle up to send with UPS FedEx and DHL , ALWAYS over $150, most often around $300 thus snuggle up to usps is the privilege interrupt go!
:oops: :oops:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D
where the h**l did you find an icelandic translator?
hot snuggle? ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

gubon

Post by gubon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:21 pm

I've already been caught in a similar situation with an ER-1 I wanted cheap and was going to be pricey because of shipping and customs, although the prices were a lot lower. Anyway I wanted to back off so I e-mailed the seller and offred him $15 to pretend he had sold it to me though he would keep it and sell it again.

He accepted! So we both got our positive feedback, and he got $15 and he could sell it again. I think you could something like that. Maybe not $15 and more like $50. I would accept it if I were the seller.

Sexor
Gear: Prophet6, Jupiter-7, MS25, Juno-50, TR-303, Rhodes 63

Post by Sexor » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:53 pm

hageir wrote:
neandrewthal wrote:
*switch to icelandic*

en já, SHOPUSA!

tékkaðu hérna:

:oops: :oops:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D
where the h**l did you find an icelandic translator?
hot snuggle? ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Haaahahaha yeah I also have to know where you got this translator. It actually translated Hageir's post pretty well because he wasn't making any sense :D

Well, I have just slept on it, and have decided to just pay the shipping. The dollar is so weak anyway and AX-60's are hard to find in Europe. OK, so 850-900 bucks I could have almost bought a Jupiter or something, but f*** it. My mistake so I'll pay for it. But I am seriously not going to eat anything except oatmeal for the next few weeks.
Monkey business since 2007!

Sexor

Post by Sexor » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:53 pm

hageir wrote:usps er the way to go!
The AX-60 in the flightcase is 90 pounds. I checked your link and USPS's max weight limit is 70 pounds :?

takk samt :wink:

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:13 pm

KLAXON wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:anyways, re: fees- i had to back out of an auction recently cos I didn't read the item's description well enough and reached for the BIN trigger too fast. anyways, the seller was none too happy, and was basically using the threat of negative feedback to get me to buy it anyways, claiming that he didn't want to have to wait the month or whatever to get his fees back!
He was BSing you. I have used that option as a seller when a buyer backed out and they refunded my fees right away. True it is annoying, and consumes more time to relist it but at least they refund your fees.
yeah, I know... but he was complaining greatly about the hassle of relisting (he was off to Iraq in a week!!!), and apparently the last time that happened, it took a while to get fees back.
Whatever-it was worth the $11 or whatever it was just to get this guy off my back and avoid any neg. feedback.
Do you even post on vse bro?

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:30 pm

weird .... last time I was drunk on ebay I got a AX60. I regret nothing.

Helix

Post by Helix » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Sexor wrote:
hageir wrote:usps er the way to go!
The AX-60 in the flightcase is 90 pounds. I checked your link and USPS's max weight limit is 70 pounds :?

takk samt :wink:
Dude! Throw away the flightcase!
XTk 30v, Q, Voyager RME, Indigo, Polymorph, Braintech Transistorbass 3

Sexor

Post by Sexor » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:04 pm

JUGEL wrote:weird .... last time I was drunk on ebay I got a AX60. I regret nothing.
Funny! I like your taste in synths Jugel. I don't get why the AX-60 is such an underrated synth. It's a six voice VCO synth with sliders, MIDI and memory, and apparently it's got lots of character. I've been wanting one for years.