What synth are you in love with?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 pm

the SH-7 is a my beautiful submarine..

Buddha System

Post by Buddha System » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Pro One -- for the real analog hands-on experience and the modulations routings.
ARP:Avatar;ChromaPolaris;Sequential:Prophet600;ProOne;Oberheim:M1000;Cheetah:MS6;Vermona:MARS;Casio:CZ101:VZ8m;Kawai:K5000S;K4r;XD-5;E-MU:XL-1;Yamaha:AN1x;FS1R;A3000;TG33;RX-5;Quasimidi:Polymorph;Sirius;Kurzweil:K2000R;Korg:WS SR, M3R, ER-1;Waldorf:MW XT

nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by nadafarms » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:34 pm

I am in love with my ATC-X!!!

With 4 different filters and modern stable VCOs, filter overdrive... it covers so much ground and is such a joy to play. I sold every other synth I own. Now all I want is the Omega 8...

I think it blows away most mono synths and for the used price of under $1000 all you need is a midi controller with (more knobs than a lil phatty) and its way more versatile IMO.
for sale/trade: EML-101

Entropy Farmer

Post by Entropy Farmer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:34 pm

divineaudio wrote:my (newly acquired as of today) esq1. the warm buzzy filters, waveforms that invoke a sheer creepiness, and a modulation matrix that spans from subtle weirdness to mind-bending insanity. of the synths i have used in my lifetime, this one is my favorite.
+1

I immediately connected with my ESQm when I got, even though it was damaged. Sent it back and bought an SQ80 before the refund was even in my account. You'll pry it from my cold, dead hands.

CTB

Post by CTB » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:38 pm

carbon111 wrote:Waldorf Microwave XT

Extremely flexible, great filter selection and a 16-slot mod matrix.

Just lovely. :love10:
XTk30 for me.
:D
CTB

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:39 pm

My Virus Indigo but there is still a whole world of synths I haven't tried and would like too. I've always wanted a P-600 and this thread has made my desire grow.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Pighood

Post by Pighood » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:09 am

This will shock no-one.

Q.
Triton Pro * V-Synth * Q * Andromeda * Fizmo * MEK * Virus TI * A-100 * X-Station

piRoN
Gear: A fair bit.

Post by piRoN » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:41 am

Elby designs ASM-2. One day I'll build another in a bigger, higher quality enclosure with more features implemented. For now, it's the reigning champion in my studio. I'll have a mix rocking along nicely, then I'll drop in the ASM-2 and all of a sudden everything else sounds a little... pissweak. All my other synths are Adidas sneakers next to the ASM's great sodding spike-shod combat boots. Not to say it can't sound delicate, but then it just sounds like it's kicking your teeth in more delicately.

Plus it's sinfully stable. Like the CS15, I can leave it for a week, come back, and the patch will still sound exactly the same and be in tune.
Ensoniq EPS-m | Elby Designs ASM-2 | Yamaha TQ5 | Akai S3000XL | Akai X7000 | Novation KS-4 | SCI Prophet 2000 | Kawai K1m | Korg Monotribe | Korg Monotron | Roland S-50 | Roland D-10 | Roland MKS-7 | Yamaha RX11

wvcttr
Gear: Dem blinkin' lights sure look pur-dee.

Post by wvcttr » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:53 am

Don't hate me for saying my devilfished tb303 and well, pretty much any tb303 (I now have 3 including the devilfish).

I don't know what it is... I just love the simplicity, the size, the programming, the sound, the instant gratification... It just really fits me. It's the only synth that I don't mind owning multiples.

For those "it's just a piece-a-c**p" people... I had a long love affair with my MIDIfied Jupiter 8, but it was just too massive and heavy. Small is good.
+-wvCttr]

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:54 am

nadafarms wrote:I am in love with my ATC-X!!!

With 4 different filters and modern stable VCOs, filter overdrive... it covers so much ground and is such a joy to play. I sold every other synth I own. Now all I want is the Omega 8...

I think it blows away most mono synths and for the used price of under $1000 all you need is a midi controller with (more knobs than a lil phatty) and its way more versatile IMO.
Totally agree. Love the ATCX!

But I have to go with the Sunsyn. I only have one word for it. Incredible! Well actually that doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

jayman
Gear: juno106, juno60, tr 707, sh-1000, volca bass/beats microkorg, arp odyssey (mk 1), drumtraks, mopho, microbrute, zoom tr3b, cz 3000, kurzwiel k2600,
Band: PHAEDRIDER
Location: casa de freakin oro california, jewel of the east county

Post by jayman » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:55 am

i love my arp ody the most. , but i'm married to my juno 106..good thing they're best freinds.
i totally dig how our ears can hear all this s**t and and we don't even do like half of it with normal instruments, and then all we gotta do is hook a speaker up to some circuits and move those circuits around and we can push our hearing to it's limits

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:55 am

emu emax II. just too damn easy to use. have bought many smaller samplers with more memory and more wieldy cases, but none can get the emax II from his throne.

after that it would be my prophecy. It just too playable. Perfect for somebody with a guitar players spirit, plus the variety of sounds are outstanding.

of course, the micromodular also just sits so perfectly in the mix, and the fizmo has so much unkempt beauty, and the tg33 with its unbridaled ability to make the most eerie and oppresive sounds...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

raffor
No Longer Registered

Post by raffor » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:21 am

PPG Wave:

Always wanted one, got one and never looked back.

i_watch_stars

Post by i_watch_stars » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:28 am

My new JD-990.

I have to say; when it gets late, after a long night of producing, and I look at the JD-990's screen...I feel something. Its almost like its looking back at me. Its almost like there is a...connection. A special connection that only occurs between man and machine, musician and gear; not some silly human connection...much more PURE.

Everything about it is so..."JD"..so early 90's, ethereal, other-wordly, and unexpectedly PHAT...I just can't stop thinking about it...

*sigh*

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:36 am

my Jupiter 8. just about any sound i make with it, brings a smile to my face. perfect tone. its inspiring to tweak and make music with. i could find use for one more, no prob. :shock: :wink:

2nd n 3rd place would be A6 and (of more recently) Microwave.

i see Waldorf is, as always, hi on the list of most loved ones :D.

i think its still a single most popular non-ROMpler snyth company on both VSE and KSS. which the surveys we had some time last yr proved as well. i wish they dont go under again, and Stromberg really sees the light of day. keeping fingers crossed..

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc